zend_framework uml

André Hoffmann
Hi,
I was wondering if you create the classes of the zend framework using uml. If you do would it be possible to get the uml files as it would become quite handy (at least for me) when extending some of the classes..

I don't know if it's usual to publish uml files, but I think it wouldn't be such a bad idea to put it right into the repository.

(I aware of the fact that I could also use reverse engineering, but the tools I've seen so far cost silly money..)

--
best regards,
André Hoffmann
Germany

Re: zend_framework uml

Peter Pistorius
Would be useful to me too...
I don't think reverse engineering is such a huge concern ...

André Hoffmann wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if you create the classes of the zend framework using
> uml. If you do would it be possible to get the uml files as it would
> become quite handy (at least for me) when extending some of the classes..
>
> I don't know if it's usual to publish uml files, but I think it
> wouldn't be such a bad idea to put it right into the repository.
>
> (I aware of the fact that I could also use reverse engineering, but
> the tools I've seen so far cost silly money..)
>
> --
> best regards,
> André Hoffmann
> Germany

Re: zend_framework uml

troels knak-nielsen
If you don't mind the interface being a bit crude (eg. non-existing),
this works pretty well:
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166054

troels

Re: zend_framework uml

André Hoffmann
Thanks for your reply.

I already had an open source solution, but I couldn't get it working as the tool is using reflection(which means that it has to inlude the files) and i can't set the include path..

http://tech.motion-twin.com/php_php2xmi.html

(but it sounds like a way better solution than the one you posted [5.1 support] )

--
troels

--
best regards,
André Hoffmann
Germany

Re: zend_framework uml

Troels Knak-Nielsen-2
the one i posted uses reflection aswell (php 5+). it works fine - i
use it from time to other - but it is quite rough. i didn't try
motion-twins package - thanks for the tip.

--
troels