using action view helper in zf2

darh
Hello to eveyone

I was pointed to this mailing list by Matthew Weier O'Phinney

I have a problem using "action" view helper in ZF2 using MVC environment (instead of FrontController) -- it complains that I should use front controller. I'm used to (in ZF1) this way of solving problems (rendering big or small blocks in a view by calling action directly.

Matthew's suggestion was to use forward in a controller, collect output and push it to the view. It's a valid suggestion and a valid approach, but calling directly from a view allows (kinda) more modular approach that allows building web-app like a set of bricks.

Is there a plan to support the this behaviour in ZF2's MVC env?

As an alternative approach to solve this problem I was thinking about some kind of event triggering from the view -- but it would be kind of a pain for each event handler to render a view and return the output, to collect all outputs from all events and then push it to the parent view.

My goal is to have a set of modules, each providing a couple of controllers, views and other assets + enabling other modules to inject some logic and/or output to it.

Any suggestion or am I sentenced to my own development of these "low-level" solutions?

Best,
Denis

Re: using action view helper in zf2

edaspra
Any response to the concern posted below. Am quite in a similar dilemma as this.

Thanks.