url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

aoohralex
url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ? I understand $urlOptions and $reset. I don't understand $name.

Re: url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

Juozas
Name is a route name

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.controller.router.html

--
Juozas Kaziukėnas ([hidden email])
Aš internete - JuoKaz (http://www.juokaz.com)

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 5:13 PM, aoohralex <[hidden email]> wrote:

url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ? I understand $urlOptions
and $reset. I don't understand $name.

Re: url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

-- aoohralex <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Thursday, 17 September 2009, 08:13 AM -0700):

> url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ? I understand $urlOptions
> and $reset. I don't understand $name.

$name is the name of a route you have attached to the router. If you use
"null", it will attempt to use whatever route was matched in the current
request. "default" is the default route.

Re: url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

aoohralex
I completly don't understand. I want only url: controller/action/key/value like in normal framework.

Re: url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

umpirsky
Me too, what routes have to do with url helper?

Regards,
Saša Stamenković

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:44 AM, aoohralex <[hidden email]> wrote:

I completly don't understand.

RE: url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

Jan Pieper-2
> I completly don't understand.

You can use a specific route (selected by $name) do build url with.

Take a look at http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.controller.router.html#zend.controller.router.basic

-- Jan

RE: url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

aoohralex
Jan Pieper-2 wrote
> I completly don't understand.

You can use a specific route (selected by $name) do build url with.

Take a look at http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.controller.router.html#zend.controller.router.basic

-- Jan
I have read and I still don't understand sense of second argument. Maybe tell me what should I write in second argument if I use only url's:
http:// site.com / CONTROLLER / ACTION / KEY / VALUE ??

RE: url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

Alayn Gortazar

El vie, 18-09-2009 a las 05:41 -0700, aoohralex escribió:
> I have read and I still don't understand sense of second argument. Maybe
> tell me what should I write in second argument if I use only url's:
> http://localhost/CONTROLLER/ACTION/KEY/VALUE ??

"default"

If you don't want to use any specific route, you can just use "default"
as the second argument.

Cheers,

Alayn Gortazar

Re: url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

Mon Zafra
It's only useful if you have multiple routes. Sounds like you're using the default route only, so just ignore it. If you need to pass a $reset flag, pass null or 'default' as the second argument.

   -- Mon

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 8:41 PM, aoohralex <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jan Pieper-2 wrote:

>> I completly don't understand.
>
> You can use a specific route (selected by $name) do build url with.
>
> Take a look at
> http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.controller.router.html#zend.controller.router.basic
>
> -- Jan

I have read and I still don't understand sense of second argument. Maybe
tell me what should I write in second argument if I use only url's:
http://localhost/CONTROLLER/ACTION/KEY/VALUE ??

Re: url($urlOptions, $name, $reset) - what is $name ?

aoohralex
ok thx alayn and Mon - I will use 'default' :)