test or tests?

dennis-fedco

Re: test or tests?

Marco Pivetta
Doesn't really matter, to be honest

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/

On 21 March 2014 23:02, dennis-fedco <[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://github.com/ZF-Commons/ZfcBase/tree/master/test, but
> https://github.com/ZF-Commons/ZfcUser/tree/master/tests
>
> Well, which is it ?!  :)
>
> Dennis

Re: test or tests?

Artur Bodera
On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 11:02 PM, dennis-fedco <[hidden email]>wrote:

> https://github.com/ZF-Commons/ZfcBase/tree/master/test, but
> https://github.com/ZF-Commons/ZfcUser/tree/master/tests

I'd suggest "tests", because "test" is also a verb which we generally avoid
for dir names (and there's usually more than 1 test, so plural "several
tests").

A.

+48 695 600 936
http://thinkscape.pro

Re: test or tests?

Daniel
I like to use singular for directories: src, test, vendor, public, test,
build, bin ;)

> https://github.com/ZF-Commons/ZfcBase/tree/master/test, but
> https://github.com/ZF-Commons/ZfcUser/tree/master/tests
>
> Well, which is it ?!  :)
>
> Dennis

Daniel Gimenes
github.com/danizord
twitter.com/danizord
facebook.com/danizord

Re: test or tests?

dennis-fedco
I hope this does not become like creat without an e

there are two schools of thoughts on this I guess.
One is that "test" is assumed to be a (single) "container for tests", much like "ZfcUser" is a container for "Users of Zfc".
Similarly, https://github.com/ZF-Commons/ZfcUser/blob/master/data/schema.sql uses "user" for database that contains *many* users.

The other school of thought is that "there are multiple tests in the folder, so call it "tests".

There are many inconsistencies here, i.e.
ZF-Commons uses s, but it is probably a proper noun, and so it exempt.
ZfcUser does not
ZfcUser/tests uses s
schema.sql's "user" does not

There is a third school of thought.  Ocramius summarized it pretty well.