support of lazy load?

alan.bem
Does adapters support lazy loading?

If I instantiate few adapters, Do they immediately connect with database - or wait till first query?

Re: support of lazy load?

pwarnock
Alan Gabriel Bem wrote
Does adapters support lazy loading?

If I instantiate few adapters, Do they immediately connect with database - or wait till first query?
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.db.html#zend.db.adapter.connecting.getconnection

Re: support of lazy load?

fr0z3nk0
zend_db only connects when query is executed

however it also connects when u construct select object which has a where condition because it needs to call quoteInto using mysql native functions

if you enable profiler and use firephp you can see all queries in firebug and you can also see when it connects too