scaffolding / CRUD

till
Hey guys,

I'm sitting here writing yet another set of screens to update a simple table.

I googled this rather annoying "problem" a bit, but couldn't find
anything. Has anyone created a scaffolding component for the ZF which
works with recent versions (1.8+)? I'm looking for something like
Zend_Db_Table_Abstract, only that it creates forms too. ;-)

Thanks,
Till

Re: scaffolding / CRUD

Joó Ádám
Should not be that hard to extend Zend_Form to take a Zend_Db_Table
param and initialize itself according to the fields.

Re: scaffolding / CRUD

Mon Zafra
Try this crud module I published some months ago:

1. Create a project in your docroot: zf create project foo
2. Modify vhost, rewrite settings, etc if needed.
3. mkdir foo/application/modules
4. cd foo/application/modules, export two modules from my googlecode repo:
svn export http://mz-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/modules/modules
svn export http://mz-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/modules/crud
5. Edit application/configs/application.ini, add the following:
resources.frontController.moduleDirectory = APPLICATION_PATH "/modules"
resources.modules = on
; your database config
resources.db.adapter = Pdo_Mysql
resources.db.params.dbname = foo
resources.db.params.username = root
resources.db.params.password = s3cr3t
6. Browse to localhost/foo/public/index.php/crud or localhost/foo/crud

WARNING: the crud module itself is kinda buggy. It's based on the very first zf project I made last year. I really need to rewrite it one of these days. It's also not a scaffold per se, just a developer tool to browse tables and edit rows, etc. Not meant for public consumption.

   -- Mon

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 3:56 AM, till <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm sitting here writing yet another set of screens to update a simple table.

I googled this rather annoying "problem" a bit, but couldn't find
anything. Has anyone created a scaffolding component for the ZF which
works with recent versions (1.8+)? I'm looking for something like
Zend_Db_Table_Abstract, only that it creates forms too. ;-)

Thanks,
Till

Re: scaffolding / CRUD

till
On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 4:57 AM, Mon Zafra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try this crud module I published some months ago:
>
> 1. Create a project in your docroot: zf create project foo
> 2. Modify vhost, rewrite settings, etc if needed.
> 3. mkdir foo/application/modules
> 4. cd foo/application/modules, export two modules from my googlecode repo:
> svn export http://mz-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/modules/modules
> svn export http://mz-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/modules/crud
> 5. Edit application/configs/application.ini, add the following:
> resources.frontController.moduleDirectory = APPLICATION_PATH "/modules"
> resources.modules = on
> ; your database config
> resources.db.adapter = Pdo_Mysql
> resources.db.params.dbname = foo
> resources.db.params.username = root
> resources.db.params.password = s3cr3t
> 6. Browse to localhost/foo/public/index.php/crud or localhost/foo/crud
>
> WARNING: the crud module itself is kinda buggy. It's based on the very first
> zf project I made last year. I really need to rewrite it one of these days.
> It's also not a scaffold per se, just a developer tool to browse tables and
> edit rows, etc. Not meant for public consumption.
>
>    -- Mon

Interesting, I'll take a look later.

I started hacking on something last night:
http://github.com/till/ZfCrud

It's pretty simple and not well tested yet. ;-)

Till