odd zend_xmlrpc_server problem

Sean A
Run into a snag trying to use xmlrpc and no idea on how to start debugging.
Basically, I set up framework app with classes to act as an api layer to various databases, that went well.

Problem is when I then add an xmlrpc controller to the same app and try to make requests.

When I try to use, I get the following error "Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to Zend_Controller_Action::__construct() must be an instance of Zend_Controller_Request_Abstract, none given,"

Any suggestions?

Sean