Quantcast

implementation of Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript

implementation of Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript

Guillaume ORIOL
Dear Zend Framework community,

Zend_Pdf lacks implementation of some interactive features. I was specifically looking for the
*JavaScript action* of those features. My need was related to the ability to open the print dialog
box automatically when the document is opened (displayed on the client browser).

I wrote an implementation of the empty class Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript that I would like to
contribute to this community.

Therefore, I just sent a signed CLA for it and I would like to know the next step.
--
Guillaume ORIOL
Software engineer
Technema

Re: implementation of Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript

-- Guillaume ORIOL <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Thursday, 10 March 2011, 04:36 PM +0100):

> Zend_Pdf lacks implementation of some interactive features. I was
> specifically looking for the *JavaScript action* of those features.
> My need was related to the ability to open the print dialog box
> automatically when the document is opened (displayed on the client
> browser).
>
> I wrote an implementation of the empty class
> Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript that I would like to contribute to this
> community.
>
> Therefore, I just sent a signed CLA for it and I would like to know the next step.

This would be considered a new feature, and as such needs a formal
proposal. Also, new features at this point should generally be targetted
at ZF 2.0.

For proposal information:

  * http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Proposal+Process

Re: implementation of Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript

Alexander Veremyev-2
JavaScript action implementation is not too large, but powerful feature.
However, I think, it should be added with other PDF forms related
actions (submit-form/reset-form/import-data) which, in turn, should be
added after PDF forms support.

Other choice is to define and confirm Zend_Pdf forms support and forms
actions API using corresponding ZF 2.0 proposal and implement and
"backport" JavaScript action feature into 1.x
That should guarantee a consistency and completeness of PDF forms
support API for the future and could give an ability to add JavaScript
action support right now (include into the next mini-release).

Best regards,
    Alexander Veremyev.

On 10.03.2011 19:27, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

> -- Guillaume ORIOL<[hidden email]>  wrote
> (on Thursday, 10 March 2011, 04:36 PM +0100):
>> Zend_Pdf lacks implementation of some interactive features. I was
>> specifically looking for the *JavaScript action* of those features.
>> My need was related to the ability to open the print dialog box
>> automatically when the document is opened (displayed on the client
>> browser).
>>
>> I wrote an implementation of the empty class
>> Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript that I would like to contribute to this
>> community.
>>
>> Therefore, I just sent a signed CLA for it and I would like to know the next step.
> This would be considered a new feature, and as such needs a formal
> proposal. Also, new features at this point should generally be targetted
> at ZF 2.0.
>
> For proposal information:
>
>    * http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Proposal+Process

Re: implementation of Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript

Guillaume ORIOL
Though my first intention was less ambitious, I understand the need to add this feature as part of a
subcomponent (that could be named Zend_Pdf_Form). As this is something I am interested in, I just
wrote a very first draft of this proposal. I will complete it next week.

See http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Pdf_Form

Regarding ZF2, I think it is not enough stable to be target at it.

Regards
--
Guillaume

Le 10/03/11 18:26, Alexander Veremyev a écrit :

> JavaScript action implementation is not too large, but powerful feature. However, I think, it should
> be added with other PDF forms related actions (submit-form/reset-form/import-data) which, in turn,
> should be added after PDF forms support.
>
> Other choice is to define and confirm Zend_Pdf forms support and forms actions API using
> corresponding ZF 2.0 proposal and implement and "backport" JavaScript action feature into 1.x
> That should guarantee a consistency and completeness of PDF forms support API for the future and
> could give an ability to add JavaScript action support right now (include into the next mini-release).
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Veremyev.
>
> On 10.03.2011 19:27, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
>> -- Guillaume ORIOL<[hidden email]> wrote
>> (on Thursday, 10 March 2011, 04:36 PM +0100):
>>> Zend_Pdf lacks implementation of some interactive features. I was
>>> specifically looking for the *JavaScript action* of those features.
>>> My need was related to the ability to open the print dialog box
>>> automatically when the document is opened (displayed on the client
>>> browser).
>>>
>>> I wrote an implementation of the empty class
>>> Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript that I would like to contribute to this
>>> community.
>>>
>>> Therefore, I just sent a signed CLA for it and I would like to know the next step.
>> This would be considered a new feature, and as such needs a formal
>> proposal. Also, new features at this point should generally be targetted
>> at ZF 2.0.
>>
>> For proposal information:
>>
>> * http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Proposal+Process

Re: implementation of Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript

-- Guillaume ORIOL <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Friday, 11 March 2011, 06:47 PM +0100):
> Though my first intention was less ambitious, I understand the need
> to add this feature as part of a subcomponent (that could be named
> Zend_Pdf_Form). As this is something I am interested in, I just
> wrote a very first draft of this proposal. I will complete it next
> week.
>
> See http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Pdf_Form
>
> Regarding ZF2, I think it is not enough stable to be target at it.

It's stability is not the point; the point is we're not planning a 1.12
release, which means we're limiting new features to the 1.X tree. As
such, you should target ZF2.

> Le 10/03/11 18:26, Alexander Veremyev a écrit :
> >JavaScript action implementation is not too large, but powerful feature. However, I think, it should
> >be added with other PDF forms related actions (submit-form/reset-form/import-data) which, in turn,
> >should be added after PDF forms support.
> >
> >Other choice is to define and confirm Zend_Pdf forms support and forms actions API using
> >corresponding ZF 2.0 proposal and implement and "backport" JavaScript action feature into 1.x
> >That should guarantee a consistency and completeness of PDF forms support API for the future and
> >could give an ability to add JavaScript action support right now (include into the next mini-release).
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Alexander Veremyev.
> >
> >On 10.03.2011 19:27, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> >>-- Guillaume ORIOL<[hidden email]> wrote
> >>(on Thursday, 10 March 2011, 04:36 PM +0100):

> >>This would be considered a new feature, and as such needs a formal
> >>proposal. Also, new features at this point should generally be targetted
> >>at ZF 2.0.
> >>
> >>For proposal information:
> >>
> >>* http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Proposal+Process

Re: implementation of Zend_Pdf_Action_JavaScript

karimahmed
Hi, Please could you send me your JavaScript action as I need to do just that: automatically print when the document opens.