email validation errors

Bas Kamer
someone got a better way of just getting one validation error message

I can't seem to find a simple solution to that...

This is what was suggested to me : https://gist.github.com/4066215

Re: email validation errors

Andreas Möller
> someone got a better way of just getting one validation error message
>
> I can't seem to find a simple solution to that...
>
> This is what was suggested to me : https://gist.github.com/4066215

Further to this issue:

Shouldn't the default ZF2 validation error messages be complete sentences, and as such, end with a period?

Currently they don't.

Best regards,

Andreas

Re: email validation errors

Tomáš Fejfar
I would not think so. In list you display them without period and if you want, you can do~ implode('. ', $errors) . '. ';

But I'm not english native so I'm not sure about the rules.

Tomas Fejfar, w3w.cz

twitter: @tomasfejfar

email: [hidden email]
www: http://www.tomasfejfar.cz

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Andreas Möller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> someone got a better way of just getting one validation error message
>
> I can't seem to find a simple solution to that...
>
> This is what was suggested to me : https://gist.github.com/4066215

Further to this issue:

Shouldn't the default ZF2 validation error messages be complete sentences, and as such, end with a period?

Currently they don't.

Best regards,

Andreas

Re: email validation errors

Andreas Möller
> I would not think so. In list you display them without period and if you want, you can do~ implode('. ', $errors) . '. ';

Some of them already include a period. For example:

* Invalid type given. String expected

None of them has a period at the end, though.

This is what Apple says concerning alerts

* <a href="https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AppleHIGuidelines/Windows/Windows.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000961-TP10">https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AppleHIGuidelines/Windows/Windows.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000961-TP10

and error messages

* https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/CoreFoundation/Reference/CFErrorRef/Reference/reference.html#//apple_ref/c/func/CFErrorCopyDescription

Found this on StackOverflow:

* http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/18671/periods-at-the-end-of-a-sentence-in-alert-message

> But I'm not english native so I'm not sure about the rules.

Me neither, but I realise that these error messages are complete sentences - except for the messing period.

Best regards,

Andreas

Re: email validation errors

Antoine Hedgecock
Im also interested in this answer and one that would apply to form annotations

Best regards
Antoine hedgecock
PMG Media Group AB