comments withing config.ini

Mike Wright
Hi all,

Is there any way to "comment out" blocks of lines in a config.ini file?

I know that it can be done line by line by prefixing them with a ";" but
there are times (like when debugging) where it would be *very*
convenient to hide entire sections of the config data.

Is there anything along the lines of php's /* */ ?

tia,
mike wright :m)

Re: comments withing config.ini

Bugzilla from dado@krizevci.info
On Monday 10 August 2009 21:25:48 Mike Wright wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to "comment out" blocks of lines in a config.ini file?
>
> I know that it can be done line by line by prefixing them with a ";" but
> there are times (like when debugging) where it would be *very*
> convenient to hide entire sections of the config data.
>
> Is there anything along the lines of php's /* */ ?

Switch to a config format that has block comments, like PHP array or XML.

Dado

Re: comments withing config.ini

-- Mike Wright <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Monday, 10 August 2009, 12:25 PM -0700):
> Is there any way to "comment out" blocks of lines in a config.ini file?
>
> I know that it can be done line by line by prefixing them with a ";" but
> there are times (like when debugging) where it would be *very*
> convenient to hide entire sections of the config data.
>
> Is there anything along the lines of php's /* */ ?

No -- you can do a line at a time only. If you want block comments, you
need to use XML- or PHP-based configuration.