ZfcBase: Establishing abstract classes and best practice for ORM with Zend\Db in ZF2

ZfcBase: Establishing abstract classes and best practice for ORM with Zend\Db in ZF2

EvanDotPro
Hi all,

We are currently trying to establish some standard pattern(s) to
standardize . The goal is to provide some base/abstract classes in the
ZfcBase module that help make our lives easier and that we can use
(and re-use!!) in modules like ZfcUser, etc.

Goals:
- MUST use good OOP design, clean separation of concerns, etc.
- MUST use consistent, well-defined terminology (for example, the term
"model" is highly ambiguous).
- MUST NOT re-create Doctrine -- use Doctrine if you want Doctrine. We
are simply providing some base classes and a suggested pattern to
follow.
- SHOULD be flexible enough that it should be relatively simple to
create Zend\Db / Doctrine hybrid modules like we've done with ZfcUser.
- SHOULD make use of the new Zend\Stdlib\Hydrator.

Please join the conversation and add your thoughts / opinions:

https://github.com/ZF-Commons/ZfcBase/issues/25

---
Evan Coury, ZCE
http://blog.evan.pro/

Re: ZfcBase: Establishing abstract classes and best practice for ORM with Zend\Db in ZF2

Evan Coury

On Jun 13, 2012 6:57 PM, "Evan Coury" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are currently trying to establish some standard pattern(s) to
> standardize .

Haha, sorry -- I guess I was re-writing that sentence and got distracted.

I meant to say we are currently trying to establish some patterns and abstract classes to standardize how we perform object mapping with Zend\Db within modules.

--
Evan Coury