ZfcBase: Establishing abstract classes and best practice for ORM with Zend\Db in ZF2
We are currently trying to establish some standard pattern(s) to
standardize . The goal is to provide some base/abstract classes in the
ZfcBase module that help make our lives easier and that we can use
(and re-use!!) in modules like ZfcUser, etc.
- MUST use good OOP design, clean separation of concerns, etc.
- MUST use consistent, well-defined terminology (for example, the term
"model" is highly ambiguous).
- MUST NOT re-create Doctrine -- use Doctrine if you want Doctrine. We
are simply providing some base classes and a suggested pattern to
- SHOULD be flexible enough that it should be relatively simple to
create Zend\Db / Doctrine hybrid modules like we've done with ZfcUser.
- SHOULD make use of the new Zend\Stdlib\Hydrator.
Please join the conversation and add your thoughts / opinions: