Zf2 manual leaking memory

Mads Lie Jensen
Hi

I often have one or even more copies of the ZF2 manual
(http://framework.zend.com/manual/2.3) open i chrome.

Now I noticed that chrome is leaking _lots_ of memory with this page.
When I opened the page, it used around 70.000 kb according to Chromes
job-list (hold Shift+escape when in Chrome). This morning, after the
computer has been sleeping all night, it uses 500.000 kb.

Yesterday, when I became avere of this problem, one of the tabs with the
manual in it, used 3,7 gb of ram. This is a major problem, even though
my pc has plenty of ram.

I tried to find out what caused it, but no luck. I suspect that it is
the Disqus-integration that is to blame, but I'm not sure.

--
Mads Lie Jensen
http://www.gartneriet.dk/

--
List: [hidden email]

Re: Zf2 manual leaking memory

Marco Pivetta
On 17 November 2014 07:41, Mads Lie Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I often have one or even more copies of the ZF2 manual (
> http://framework.zend.com/manual/2.3) open i chrome.
>
> Now I noticed that chrome is leaking _lots_ of memory with this page.
> When I opened the page, it used around 70.000 kb according to Chromes
> job-list (hold Shift+escape when in Chrome). This morning, after the
> computer has been sleeping all night, it uses 500.000 kb.
>
> Yesterday, when I became avere of this problem, one of the tabs with the
> manual in it, used 3,7 gb of ram. This is a major problem, even though my
> pc has plenty of ram.
>
> I tried to find out what caused it, but no luck. I suspect that it is the
> Disqus-integration that is to blame, but I'm not sure.

I also see a bunch of trackers on that page: are you sure that it is none
of them?

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/

Re: Zf2 manual leaking memory

Mads Lie Jensen

>> Yesterday, when I became avere of this problem, one of the tabs with the
>> manual in it, used 3,7 gb of ram. This is a major problem, even though my
>> pc has plenty of ram.
>>
>> I tried to find out what caused it, but no luck. I suspect that it is the
>> Disqus-integration that is to blame, but I'm not sure.
>>

> I also see a bunch of trackers on that page: are you sure that it is none
> of them?

I tried blocking them using Adblock, but I am not sure I got all of
them. Still eating lots and lots of memory

--
Mads Lie Jensen
http://www.gartneriet.dk/

--