ZendService\Amazon\S3 truncating or corrupting data?

ZendService\Amazon\S3 truncating or corrupting data?

cstrosser
We employ Amazon S3 with the ZendService\Amazon library to push and pull full-size and thumbnail images, as well as PDF files.  Recently, we started to implement a PDF export for some of our documents.  As some of you may know, ZendPdf can be exceptionally finicky when it comes to malformed images.  We noticed that images and PDFs inserted into ZendPdf worked in only a minority of cases.  Many of our images were causing exceptions or coming back with artifacts.

As I dug deeper, I compared the MD5 hash of the file on S3 with the file being served through the ZendService library.  While the file attributes were the same, the file contents were slightly different.  I tested this same feature with the filesystem, and it worked fine.  I also tested a different S3 client (Windows application), and found that the file worked fine there too (i.e. the hashes matched).  The problem seems to be related to the ZendService library in some way.  So on to my question...

Has anyone had problems with data truncation or corruption when pulling from S3 through the ZendService library?