Zend_Translate_Adapter_Gettext

alesl
Hi all!

I've looked through the manual and API docs, and I can't seem to find if current Zend Translate wraper for Gettext support plural forms ?!

msgid "This is how the story goes."
msgstr "Und so geht die Geschichte."

msgid "%d pig went to the market"
msgid_plural "%d pigs went to the market"
msgstr[0] "%d Schwein ging zum Markt"
msgstr[1] "%d Schweine gingen zum Markt"

$translate = new Zend_Translate('gettext', '/my/path/source-de.mo', 'de');

print $translate->_("This is how the story goes.");

Is this possible?

Regards,
AlesL

Re: Zend_Translate_Adapter_Gettext

Thomas Weidner
This is not implemented for now.
We focused on a simple API which covers many sources.

If you think there is a need for this special feature you can add
a new issue to Jira and describe how you think this should look like.

If it's possible (we have to support more than just gettext) I am
sure we will implement it after 1.0

Greetings
Thomas
I18N Team Leader

SRA

Re: Zend_Translate_Adapter_Gettext

SRA
Thomas Weidner-2 wrote
This is not implemented for now.
We focused on a simple API which covers many sources.

If you think there is a need for this special feature you can add
a new issue to Jira and describe how you think this should look like.

If it's possible (we have to support more than just gettext) I am
sure we will implement it after 1.0

Greetings
Thomas
I18N Team Leader
Zend Framework has reached the 1.0 release.
Do you have any news on this front (plural forms) ?

Thanks,
St├ęphane

Re: Zend_Translate_Adapter_Gettext

Thomas Weidner
Until now there is wether an issue nor have more then 2 users declared that
this should be implemented.
Therefor no news until now.

Greetings
Thomas

> We focused on a simple API which covers many sources.
>
> If you think there is a need for this special feature you can add
> a new issue to Jira and describe how you think this should look like.
>
> If it's possible (we have to support more than just gettext) I am
> sure we will implement it after 1.0
>
> Greetings
> Thomas
> I18N Team Leader

Zend Framework has reached the 1.0 release.
Do you have any news on this front (plural forms) ?

Thanks,
St├ęphane

Re: Zend_Translate_Adapter_Gettext

Vincent T

On 08/01/2008, Thomas Weidner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Until now there is wether an issue nor have more then 2 users declared that
this should be implemented.
Therefor no news until now.

I missed the original discussion, but I'd very much like support for plural forms.

Greetings
Thomas

Best,
Vincent

Re: Zend_Translate_Adapter_Gettext

Thomas Weidner
> I missed the original discussion, but I'd very much like support for
> plural
> forms.

The "Original Discussion" was one mail in May where only one answer has been
written without any further response.

Greetings

Re: Zend_Translate_Adapter_Gettext

Eric Coleman-3