Zend_Session_SaveHandler_Redis (potential proposal)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Zend_Session_SaveHandler_Redis (potential proposal)

AmirBehzad Eslami
Hi,

I'm thinking that one of the use cases for Redis is to store session data.
As you know, reading and writing session data is a very common
task in PHP, it happens per page! We can use Redis as our backend
to decrease disk I/O when using sessions in PHP.

I would like to create a proposal for Zend_Session_SaveHandler_Redis.

What do you think? Any idea? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
-behzad

--
List: [hidden email]
Info: http://framework.zend.com/archives
Unsubscribe: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Zend_Session_SaveHandler_Redis (potential proposal)

Marco Pivetta
Hi there,
I don't think this will make it into ZF1.x. You should probably suggest
this for 2.0
Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://marco-pivetta.com



On 26 January 2012 17:58, AmirBehzad Eslami <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking that one of the use cases for Redis is to store session data.
> As you know, reading and writing session data is a very common
> task in PHP, it happens per page! We can use Redis as our backend
> to decrease disk I/O when using sessions in PHP.
>
> I would like to create a proposal for Zend_Session_SaveHandler_Redis.
>
> What do you think? Any idea? Please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -behzad
>
> --
> List: [hidden email]
> Info: http://framework.zend.com/archives
> Unsubscribe: [hidden email]
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Zend_Session_SaveHandler_Redis (potential proposal)

till-2
Hey,

I'd recommend you check out Rediska since it offers what you are looking
for:
http://rediska.geometria-lab.net/documentation/integration-with-frameworks/zend-framework/zend_session-save-handler/

I'd also recommend to test Redis for sessions extensively. If you exceed
RAM and swap on disk, all hell will likely break use. Add to that the
various issues (aka memory leaks) in Redis.

We use Redis for fire and forget type of data – e.g. the pubsub is really
nice (Rediska offers abstraction for this well) or we use it as a write
cache (before another script syncs the data from Redis to SQL). All of this
is the kind of data where losing a couple "minutes" worth of it is
acceptable.

Till

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Marco Pivetta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I don't think this will make it into ZF1.x. You should probably suggest
> this for 2.0
> Marco Pivetta
>
> http://twitter.com/Ocramius
>
> http://marco-pivetta.com
>
>
>
> On 26 January 2012 17:58, AmirBehzad Eslami <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm thinking that one of the use cases for Redis is to store session
> data.
> > As you know, reading and writing session data is a very common
> > task in PHP, it happens per page! We can use Redis as our backend
> > to decrease disk I/O when using sessions in PHP.
> >
> > I would like to create a proposal for Zend_Session_SaveHandler_Redis.
> >
> > What do you think? Any idea? Please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > -behzad
> >
> > --
> > List: [hidden email]
> > Info: http://framework.zend.com/archives
> > Unsubscribe: [hidden email]
> >
> >
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Zend_Session_SaveHandler_Redis (potential proposal)

AmirBehzad Eslami
Thanks.
Since Rediska is around, there is no need to create a new
Zend_Session_SaveHandler_Redis.

On 1/26/12, till <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'd recommend you check out Rediska since it offers what you are looking
> for:
> http://rediska.geometria-lab.net/documentation/integration-with-frameworks/zend-framework/zend_session-save-handler/
>
> I'd also recommend to test Redis for sessions extensively. If you exceed
> RAM and swap on disk, all hell will likely break use. Add to that the
> various issues (aka memory leaks) in Redis.
>
> We use Redis for fire and forget type of data – e.g. the pubsub is really
> nice (Rediska offers abstraction for this well) or we use it as a write
> cache (before another script syncs the data from Redis to SQL). All of this
> is the kind of data where losing a couple "minutes" worth of it is
> acceptable.
>
> Till
>
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Marco Pivetta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>> I don't think this will make it into ZF1.x. You should probably suggest
>> this for 2.0
>> Marco Pivetta
>>
>> http://twitter.com/Ocramius
>>
>> http://marco-pivetta.com
>>
>>
>>
>> On 26 January 2012 17:58, AmirBehzad Eslami <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm thinking that one of the use cases for Redis is to store session
>> data.
>> > As you know, reading and writing session data is a very common
>> > task in PHP, it happens per page! We can use Redis as our backend
>> > to decrease disk I/O when using sessions in PHP.
>> >
>> > I would like to create a proposal for Zend_Session_SaveHandler_Redis.
>> >
>> > What do you think? Any idea? Please let me know.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> > -behzad
>> >
>> > --
>> > List: [hidden email]
>> > Info: http://framework.zend.com/archives
>> > Unsubscribe: [hidden email]
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>


--
Kind regards,
-behzad

--
List: [hidden email]
Info: http://framework.zend.com/archives
Unsubscribe: [hidden email]