Zend_Session - Ready for Testing!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Zend_Session - Ready for Testing!

GavinZend
Greetings, and Merry Christmas!

Ralph and I have been working hard to bring you Zend_Session.

To test drive this cool component, please see the instructions for using
the ZF incubator:
http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV/Subversion+Standards

Briefly:
1) Always run "svn update" first, to use the best version of incubator
components.
2) set_include_path( '/path/to/incubator/library' . PATH_SEPARATOR
             . '/path/to/library' . PATH_SEPARATOR . get_include_path());

Please use the *newest* documentation, found below:
http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDOC/Zend_Session

Everyone is most welcomed to register a wiki/issue tracker account,
and post comments on the wiki documentation above.  If you have
a new account, you may need to request posting privileges by
sending an email to [hidden email] with the name of your account.

Cheers,
Gavin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Zend_Session - Ready for Testing!

Eric Coleman-3
Is anyone working on a Zend_Db session handler?  If not, is it  
alright to go ahead and make this?

Regards,
Eric


On Dec 21, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Gavin Vess wrote:

> Greetings, and Merry Christmas!
>
> Ralph and I have been working hard to bring you Zend_Session.
>
> To test drive this cool component, please see the instructions for  
> using the ZF incubator:
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV/Subversion+Standards
>
> Briefly:
> 1) Always run "svn update" first, to use the best version of  
> incubator components.
> 2) set_include_path( '/path/to/incubator/library' . PATH_SEPARATOR
>             . '/path/to/library' . PATH_SEPARATOR . get_include_path
> ());
>
> Please use the *newest* documentation, found below:
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDOC/Zend_Session
>
> Everyone is most welcomed to register a wiki/issue tracker account,
> and post comments on the wiki documentation above.  If you have
> a new account, you may need to request posting privileges by
> sending an email to [hidden email] with the name of your account.
>
> Cheers,
> Gavin
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Zend_Session - Ready for Testing!

GavinZend
Hi Eric,

I'm not aware of anyone currently working on a Zend_Session save handler
using Zend_Db.

There are several possibilities for making this session handler, including:

1) For public distribution via your website/blog, with an entry on our
user wiki linking to it:
http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFUSER/Home

2) A brief proposal, and continued development in the ZF Lab, which
hopefully leads to #3:

3) A detailed proposal, and possible acceptance as a core ZF component,
shipped with the ZF.

Cheers,
Gavin

Eric Coleman wrote:
> Is anyone working on a Zend_Db session handler?  If not, is it alright
> to go ahead and make this?
>
> Regards,
> Eric
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Zend_Session - Ready for Testing!

mbariou
In reply to this post by GavinZend
Hello,
Thanks to you Gavin and Ralph for your work. I'm going to have a look
and to bring you some feed back.

Marcel Bariou

Gavin Vess a écrit :

> Greetings, and Merry Christmas!
>
> Ralph and I have been working hard to bring you Zend_Session.
>
> To test drive this cool component, please see the instructions for
> using the ZF incubator:
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV/Subversion+Standards
>
> Briefly:
> 1) Always run "svn update" first, to use the best version of incubator
> components.
> 2) set_include_path( '/path/to/incubator/library' . PATH_SEPARATOR
>             . '/path/to/library' . PATH_SEPARATOR . get_include_path());
>
> Please use the *newest* documentation, found below:
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDOC/Zend_Session
>
> Everyone is most welcomed to register a wiki/issue tracker account,
> and post comments on the wiki documentation above.  If you have
> a new account, you may need to request posting privileges by
> sending an email to [hidden email] with the name of your account.
>
> Cheers,
> Gavin
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Zend_Session - Ready for Testing!

Eric Coleman-3
In reply to this post by GavinZend
Gavin,

Thanks,  Didn't realize a proposal was necessary for something like  
that, but I'll get one together.

Regards,
Eric

On Dec 21, 2006, at 9:52 PM, Gavin Vess wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> I'm not aware of anyone currently working on a Zend_Session save  
> handler using Zend_Db.
>
> There are several possibilities for making this session handler,  
> including:
>
> 1) For public distribution via your website/blog, with an entry on  
> our user wiki linking to it:
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFUSER/Home
>
> 2) A brief proposal, and continued development in the ZF Lab, which  
> hopefully leads to #3:
>
> 3) A detailed proposal, and possible acceptance as a core ZF  
> component, shipped with the ZF.
>
> Cheers,
> Gavin
>
> Eric Coleman wrote:
>> Is anyone working on a Zend_Db session handler?  If not, is it  
>> alright to go ahead and make this?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Eric
>