Zend_Session -- Anybody working on it already?

Zend_Session -- Anybody working on it already?

Axel Christ
Hi there, is anybody actively working on Zend_Session? I am working on
my own version right now and would like to check what work is already
being done or what ideas exist.

Regards

Axel Christ

Re: Zend_Session -- Anybody working on it already?

Andries Seutens
Axel Christ schreef:
> Hi there, is anybody actively working on Zend_Session? I am working on
> my own version right now and would like to check what work is already
> being done or what ideas exist.

Hi,

there is currently a pending proposal from Ralph Schindler on this
component.

See
http://framework.zend.com/developer/browser/trunk/documentation/proposals/pending/Zend_Session/Zend_Session-proposal.txt?rev=306

for more information.

Best regards,

Andries Seutens
Belgium
http://andries.systray.be

Andries Seutens wrote:

> Axel Christ schreef:
>> Hi there, is anybody actively working on Zend_Session? I am working
>> on my own version right now and would like to check what work is
>> already being done or what ideas exist.
>
> Hi,
>
> there is currently a pending proposal from Ralph Schindler on this
> component.
>
> See
> http://framework.zend.com/developer/browser/trunk/documentation/proposals/pending/Zend_Session/Zend_Session-proposal.txt?rev=306
>

> for more information.
>
> Best regards,
>

> Andries Seutens
> Belgium
> http://andries.systray.be

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Re: Zend_Session -- Anybody working on it already?

Ralph Schindler
Axel Christ wrote:

> Andries Seutens wrote:
>> Axel Christ schreef:
>>> Hi there, is anybody actively working on Zend_Session? I am working
>>> on my own version right now and would like to check what work is
>>> already being done or what ideas exist.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> there is currently a pending proposal from Ralph Schindler on this
>> component.
>>
>> See
>> http://framework.zend.com/developer/browser/trunk/documentation/proposals/pending/Zend_Session/Zend_Session-proposal.txt?rev=306
>>

>> for more information.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>

>> Andries Seutens
>> Belgium
>> http://andries.systray.be
>>

> Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Hi, yes, I have done alot of work on Zend_Session, and am currently
waiting review of proposal v3 and the code for it as well to see if its
something they want to put in the incubator or not.  Since that release,
I have completed writing the plugin interface for pluggable
namespaces... I'll try putting that up today.

code here for v3:
http://www.ralphschindler.com/Zend_Framework_Modules/Zend_Session/

-ralph

Re: Zend_Session -- Anybody working on it already?

Axel Christ

> Hi, yes, I have done alot of work on Zend_Session, and am currently
> waiting review of proposal v3 and the code for it as well to see if its
> something they want to put in the incubator or not.  Since that release,
> I have completed writing the plugin interface for pluggable
> namespaces... I'll try putting that up today.
>
> code here for v3:
> http://www.ralphschindler.com/Zend_Framework_Modules/Zend_Session/
>
> -ralph

Hi Ralph,
yes, in the meantime I had already found your v3 by checking the old
URLs I found in the mailinglist. You took out the messaging variable
which I guess is fine because that way everybody can handle this the way
they like. What I still would love to see (I have it in my own session
database class which is otherwise very incomplete) is support for
encryption. In my version right now I am using mcrypt functions, of
course it would be nicest to open the way for some kind of plugin...
including it as a setting into the factory pattern...
I was off for two days, now I first want to look into the rejected
Zend_Auth proposals, that's another class which I need for my dayly work
so I will certainly write one that fits my needs and if I see that the
needs of the community could also be fullfilled it would of course be
nice :)

Best regards

Axel