Quantcast

Zend_Service_Chargify proposal

Dan Bowen
Hey all,

I just submitted a proposal for Zend_Service_Chargify and wanted to get
some feedback from the community.

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Service_Chargify+-+Dan+Bowen

Is this a component ZF users would be interested in? Does the proposal
provide enough detail? Please let me know what you think.

This is my fist official contribution to open source. I'm really looking
forward to making it a successful one.

Thanks in advance.

-Dan Bowen

Re: Zend_Service_Chargify proposal

denniswinter
Hey Dan,

afaik is ZF 1.x feature freeze, so new components will only be available in ZF2.
See more information about ZF2 Development here: http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/Home

Cheers,
Dennis

Am 31.12.2010 um 02:36 schrieb Dan Bowen:

> Hey all,
>
> I just submitted a proposal for Zend_Service_Chargify and wanted to get some feedback from the community.
>
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Service_Chargify+-+Dan+Bowen
>
> Is this a component ZF users would be interested in? Does the proposal provide enough detail? Please let me know what you think.
>
> This is my fist official contribution to open source. I'm really looking forward to making it a successful one.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Dan Bowen

Re: Zend_Service_Chargify proposal

-- Dan Bowen <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Thursday, 30 December 2010, 07:36 PM -0600):

> I just submitted a proposal for Zend_Service_Chargify and wanted to
> get some feedback from the community.
>
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Service_Chargify+-+Dan+Bowen
>
> Is this a component ZF users would be interested in? Does the
> proposal provide enough detail? Please let me know what you think.
>
> This is my fist official contribution to open source. I'm really
> looking forward to making it a successful one.

This looks quite interesting. :)

A couple of notes:

 * I think a standalone service component makes sense. However, you
   should also contact the author of the Zend_Payment proposal
   (http://bit.ly/f9SBnG -- sponsored by Varien/Magento) to offer to
   write an adapter for that component.
 * As noted by others, ZF1 is in feature freeze, so target ZF2 for this
   component. The easiest way to do so is to fork the ZF2 git repo,
   and create a branch for development of the feature. That will allow
   you to collaborate with others, as well as provide code for the
   Community Review Team to review.
 * Also, move your component to the "Ready for Review" section of the
   proposals, so that folks know you've completed the proposal and want
   comments.

The initial glance I had looks promising!

RE: Zend_Service_Chargify proposal

jimmysole
I recently proposed a component for Zend Framework (Zend_Ming)
http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Ming+-+Jimmy+Sole

Has anyone had time to review it and offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Jimmy Sole

(on Thursday, 30 December 2010, 07:36 PM -0600):
> I just submitted a proposal for Zend_Service_Chargify and wanted to
> get some feedback from the community.

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Service_Chargify+-+Dan+Bo
wen

> Is this a component ZF users would be interested in? Does the
> proposal provide enough detail? Please let me know what you think.
>
> This is my fist official contribution to open source. I'm really
> looking forward to making it a successful one.

This looks quite interesting. :)

A couple of notes:

 * I think a standalone service component makes sense. However, you
   should also contact the author of the Zend_Payment proposal
   (http://bit.ly/f9SBnG -- sponsored by Varien/Magento) to offer to
   write an adapter for that component.
 * As noted by others, ZF1 is in feature freeze, so target ZF2 for this
   component. The easiest way to do so is to fork the ZF2 git repo,
   and create a branch for development of the feature. That will allow
   you to collaborate with others, as well as provide code for the
   Community Review Team to review.
 * Also, move your component to the "Ready for Review" section of the
   proposals, so that folks know you've completed the proposal and want
   comments.

The initial glance I had looks promising!

Re: Zend_Service_Chargify proposal

-- Jimmy Sole <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Friday, 31 December 2010, 11:27 AM -0500):
> I recently proposed a component for Zend Framework (Zend_Ming)
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Ming+-+Jimmy+Sole
>
> Has anyone had time to review it and offer any suggestions?

You should announce on the zf-contributors mailing list when you want
community review; after a period of a week or two, send an email to
[hidden email], and ask for a formal review for inclusion.

Re: Re: [fw-webservices] Zend_Service_Chargify proposal

Dan Bowen
Thanks for the great feedback.

At first glance it looks like Zend_Payment is meant to be an adapter to
the various gateways whereas Chargify sits between your app and the
payment gateway. I'll get in touch with the Varien folks for their
thoughts on a Chargify adapter. I'd definitely be willing to help.

I have a little catching up to do on the state/direction of ZF2. Other
than PHP 5.3 are there any other requirements or conventions I should be
aware of, especially with regards to web services?

Thanks,

-Dan

On 1:59 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

> -- Dan Bowen<[hidden email]>  wrote
> (on Thursday, 30 December 2010, 07:36 PM -0600):
>
>> I just submitted a proposal for Zend_Service_Chargify and wanted to
>> get some feedback from the community.
>>
>> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFPROP/Zend_Service_Chargify+-+Dan+Bowen
>>
>> Is this a component ZF users would be interested in? Does the
>> proposal provide enough detail? Please let me know what you think.
>>
>> This is my fist official contribution to open source. I'm really
>> looking forward to making it a successful one.
>>
> This looks quite interesting. :)
>
> A couple of notes:
>
>   * I think a standalone service component makes sense. However, you
>     should also contact the author of the Zend_Payment proposal
>     (http://bit.ly/f9SBnG -- sponsored by Varien/Magento) to offer to
>     write an adapter for that component.
>   * As noted by others, ZF1 is in feature freeze, so target ZF2 for this
>     component. The easiest way to do so is to fork the ZF2 git repo,
>     and create a branch for development of the feature. That will allow
>     you to collaborate with others, as well as provide code for the
>     Community Review Team to review.
>   * Also, move your component to the "Ready for Review" section of the
>     proposals, so that folks know you've completed the proposal and want
>     comments.
>
> The initial glance I had looks promising!

Re: Re: [fw-webservices] Zend_Service_Chargify proposal

-- Dan Bowen <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Monday, 03 January 2011, 10:15 AM -0600):
> At first glance it looks like Zend_Payment is meant to be an adapter
> to the various gateways whereas Chargify sits between your app and
> the payment gateway. I'll get in touch with the Varien folks for
> their thoughts on a Chargify adapter. I'd definitely be willing to
> help.
>
> I have a little catching up to do on the state/direction of ZF2.
> Other than PHP 5.3 are there any other requirements or conventions I
> should be aware of, especially with regards to web services?

Make sure you read the ZF2 Git Guide (http://bit.ly/zf2gitguide). CS is
mostly the same, with the following changes:

 * Non-public members no longer require a leading underscore
 * Interfaces should be well-named, as either an adjective or noun, and
   should *not* contain the word "Interface".
 * Abstract classes should be prefixed with the word "Abstract".
 * All components should be namespaced.

With web services, many have not yet been converted to ZF2 (those which
have not prior to beta will be removed!!!!). The conventions are
basically the same as before, except that we're no longer using a static
HTTP client across all service instances.