Zend_Server_Cache

Vincent de Lau
Is there a reason that Zend_Server_Cache doesn't use Zend_Cache? I'm
thinking of extending it to use Zend_Cache and APC, but maybe there is a
good reason not to?

Kind regards,

Vincent de Lau
 Vrijmark 158
 1355 GR  Almere
 gsm: 06-22089744
 mailto:[hidden email]
 http://vincent.delau.nl

Re: Zend_Server_Cache

-- Vincent de Lau <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Tuesday, 06 January 2009, 12:20 AM +0100):
> Is there a reason that Zend_Server_Cache doesn't use Zend_Cache? I'm
> thinking of extending it to use Zend_Cache and APC, but maybe there is a
> good reason not to?

Zend_Server_Cache is primarily intended to cache a non-expiring server
definition for a specific server instance. I decided not to use
Zend_Cache to (a) reduce dependencies, and (b) because its goals are
slightly different (Zend_Cache is, to my mind, for expirable content,
and typically should not cause issues if you share it between different
object instances).

Certainly caching to memory would often optimal, and I encourage you to
extend it to do so if it would benefit your application.

Software Architect       | [hidden email]
Zend Framework           | http://framework.zend.com/