Zend_Search_Lucene... and CLA too.

codeangel
I have two questions.

Does Zend_Search_Lucene support document/field boosting? I'd like to see support for that if it doesn't.

Probably more importantly, I signed a CLA a while ago, and I have moved, changed jobs, changed email addresses since then, and I can't remember my username pass to the developer stuff, anyway I can retrieve this info? I'd like to get more involved with the framework, especially in documentation.

Chad

Re: Zend_Search_Lucene... and CLA too.

Alexander Veremyev
Hi,

For the first question:

Yes. You can use 'boost' document property as well as 'boost' field
property:
--------------
$doc = new Zend_Search_Lucene_Document();
$doc->boost = 0.7;

$field = Zend_Search_Lucene_Field::Text('contents', $text);
$field->boost = 0.6;

$doc->addField($field);

It gives 0.42 (0.7*0.6) resulting boost factor for 'contents' field.

Boost factors are not stored directly in the index. So they can't be
retrieved from $hit->getDocument() object. But they are used for score
calculation.

With best regards,
    Alexander Veremyev.