Zend_Registry and Zend_Session

12

Zend_Registry and Zend_Session

xing93111
Can Zend_Registry be used to store Zend_Session? If yes, can Zend_Registry replace Zend_Session?

Thanks

Re: Zend_Registry and Zend_Session

-- xing93111 <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Monday, 07 April 2008, 08:32 AM -0700):
> Can Zend_Registry be used to store Zend_Session?

Yes, but it doesn't make much sense to do so, as Zend_Session is a
singleton.

> If yes, can Zend_Registry replace Zend_Session?

No. Zend_Registry is a static registry, and does not persist between
requests. Zend_Session provides a way to interact with $_SESSION in an
OOP fashion, as well as provides some facilities for namespacing session
data segments.

Software Architect       | [hidden email]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/

Re: Zend_Registry and Zend_Session

James Dempster
Zend_Registry can store any objects. It's just a place to store object refrences. Zend_Session on the other hand stores values, or serialized objects that can be used to save objects and values between requests.

--
/James

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:32 PM, xing93111 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can Zend_Registry be used to store Zend_Session? If yes, can Zend_Registry
replace Zend_Session?

Thanks

Our new Zend Framework Architect

wllm
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney
> Software Architect       | [hidden email]
> Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/

Yikes! I knew there was something I forgot to do on Friday. Without
further ado, it's my immense pleasure to announce that Matthew has been
promoted to Software Architect at Zend. I'm sure I don't have to explain
what he's done to deserve this here. ;)
He'll still maintain his existing components and develop new components.
But he'll also be heading up efforts that involve cross-cutting concerns
with all components. The general consistency of design and quality
across all components should benefit greatly from his attention.
In addition, he will be heading up the initiative to define exactly what
we'll be doing for the 2.0 release. This is of course a critical role as
we make the right tradeoffs between improvements and backwards
compatibility.
Congrats Matthew!

,Wil

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

Karl Katzke
Congratulations, Matthew! The promotion is well deserved -- when someone asks me who a PHP genius/guru/person-whose-code-to-read is, I always mention your name.

-Karl

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Wil Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney
> Software Architect       | [hidden email]
> Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/

Yikes! I knew there was something I forgot to do on Friday. Without
further ado, it's my immense pleasure to announce that Matthew has been
promoted to Software Architect at Zend. I'm sure I don't have to explain
what he's done to deserve this here. ;)
He'll still maintain his existing components and develop new components.
But he'll also be heading up efforts that involve cross-cutting concerns
with all components. The general consistency of design and quality
across all components should benefit greatly from his attention.
In addition, he will be heading up the initiative to define exactly what
we'll be doing for the 2.0 release. This is of course a critical role as
we make the right tradeoffs between improvements and backwards
compatibility.
Congrats Matthew!

,Wil

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

Andries Seutens
Matthew,

Congratz, this is very much deserved, and seems like a perfect fit!

Keep up the good work!

Best,

Andriesss

Wil Sinclair schreef:

>> Matthew Weier O'Phinney
>> Software Architect       | [hidden email]
>> Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/
>
> Yikes! I knew there was something I forgot to do on Friday. Without
> further ado, it's my immense pleasure to announce that Matthew has been
> promoted to Software Architect at Zend. I'm sure I don't have to explain
> what he's done to deserve this here. ;)
> He'll still maintain his existing components and develop new components.
> But he'll also be heading up efforts that involve cross-cutting concerns
> with all components. The general consistency of design and quality
> across all components should benefit greatly from his attention.
> In addition, he will be heading up the initiative to define exactly what
> we'll be doing for the 2.0 release. This is of course a critical role as
> we make the right tradeoffs between improvements and backwards
> compatibility.
> Congrats Matthew!
>
> ,Wil

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

akrabat

On 7 Apr 2008, at 21:35, Wil Sinclair wrote:

>> Matthew Weier O'Phinney
>> Software Architect       | [hidden email]
>> Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/
>
> Yikes! I knew there was something I forgot to do on Friday. Without
> further ado, it's my immense pleasure to announce that Matthew has
> been
> promoted to Software Architect at Zend. I'm sure I don't have to
> explain
> what he's done to deserve this here. ;)

Congratulations Matthew!

Very well deserved and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2.0 will
bring us.

Regards,

Rob...

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

Darby Felton
Hear, hear; congratulations, Matthew! :)

Best regards,
Darby

Wil Sinclair wrote:

>> Matthew Weier O'Phinney
>> Software Architect       | [hidden email]
>> Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/
>
> Yikes! I knew there was something I forgot to do on Friday. Without
> further ado, it's my immense pleasure to announce that Matthew has been
> promoted to Software Architect at Zend. I'm sure I don't have to explain
> what he's done to deserve this here. ;)
> He'll still maintain his existing components and develop new components.
> But he'll also be heading up efforts that involve cross-cutting concerns
> with all components. The general consistency of design and quality
> across all components should benefit greatly from his attention.
> In addition, he will be heading up the initiative to define exactly what
> we'll be doing for the 2.0 release. This is of course a critical role as
> we make the right tradeoffs between improvements and backwards
> compatibility.
> Congrats Matthew!
>
> ,Wil

RE: Our new Zend Framework Architect

RyanBrooks
Can I have his old job? ;)

I kid. Seriously though, I for one am please that Matthew is moving up! Way
to climb the corporate ladder.

Course, you know Matthew that now we'll all be expecting bigger and better
things!

-Ryan

> Software Architect       | [hidden email]
> Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/

Yikes! I knew there was something I forgot to do on Friday. Without
further ado, it's my immense pleasure to announce that Matthew has been
promoted to Software Architect at Zend. I'm sure I don't have to explain
what he's done to deserve this here. ;)
He'll still maintain his existing components and develop new components.
But he'll also be heading up efforts that involve cross-cutting concerns
with all components. The general consistency of design and quality
across all components should benefit greatly from his attention.
In addition, he will be heading up the initiative to define exactly what
we'll be doing for the 2.0 release. This is of course a critical role as
we make the right tradeoffs between improvements and backwards
compatibility.
Congrats Matthew!

,Wil

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

Bradley Holt
Congrats Matthew!

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Wil Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney
> Software Architect       | [hidden email]
> Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/

Yikes! I knew there was something I forgot to do on Friday. Without
further ado, it's my immense pleasure to announce that Matthew has been
promoted to Software Architect at Zend. I'm sure I don't have to explain
what he's done to deserve this here. ;)
He'll still maintain his existing components and develop new components.
But he'll also be heading up efforts that involve cross-cutting concerns
with all components. The general consistency of design and quality
across all components should benefit greatly from his attention.
In addition, he will be heading up the initiative to define exactly what
we'll be doing for the 2.0 release. This is of course a critical role as
we make the right tradeoffs between improvements and backwards
compatibility.
Congrats Matthew!

,Wil

--
Bradley Holt

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

Michael B Allen
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Bradley Holt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congrats Matthew!

Ditto.

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO
http://www.ioplex.com/

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

bouzafr
Congratulations Matthew!!!

On Apr 7, 2008, at 5:32 PM, Michael B Allen wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Bradley Holt
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Congrats Matthew!
>
> Ditto.
>
> --
> Michael B Allen
> PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO
> http://www.ioplex.com/

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

Robin Skoglund
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Wil Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney
> Software Architect       | [hidden email]
> Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/

Yeah, I noticed this too :)

Congratulations! It's a delight to see architects heavily involved in the community :)

Robin Skoglund

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

Codiac
Matthew,

Indeed congratulations! Perhaps we should start calling you Mr. ZF ;-).

Regards, Taco.
qry

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

qry
Wow, Matthew, Congratulation!

I love your Form.

Jason.

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

James Dempster
No slacking now Matthew!

Totally kidding, thank you for all your hard work.
Congrats with the new job role!

:)

/James

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Wil Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney
> Software Architect       | [hidden email]
> Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/

Yikes! I knew there was something I forgot to do on Friday. Without
further ado, it's my immense pleasure to announce that Matthew has been
promoted to Software Architect at Zend. I'm sure I don't have to explain
what he's done to deserve this here. ;)
He'll still maintain his existing components and develop new components.
But he'll also be heading up efforts that involve cross-cutting concerns
with all components. The general consistency of design and quality
across all components should benefit greatly from his attention.
In addition, he will be heading up the initiative to define exactly what
we'll be doing for the 2.0 release. This is of course a critical role as
we make the right tradeoffs between improvements and backwards
compatibility.
Congrats Matthew!

,Wil

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

Joó Ádám
Cangratulations, Matthew!

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

Łukasz Wojciechowski-3
Congrats, well deserved!

Łukasz Wojciechowski

Re: Our new Zend Framework Architect

David Mintz-3

What, for this lazy bum?

--
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributary streams flow through the darkness
12