Zend_Pdf meta data 'Trapped'

Ralf Eggert
Hi,

I have read the manual and had a close look at the code but still I have
no idea what the 'Trapped' meta data within Zend_Pdf is used for. What
is the real purpse of 'Trapped'? Could some one please explain it in
other words for a fool like me? :-)

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.pdf.info.html

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf

Re: Zend_Pdf meta data 'Trapped'

bmatzner
Hi Ralf,

is the real purpse of 'Trapped'? Could some one please explain it in
other words for a fool like me? :-)

Don't be so hard on yourself ;-)

Trapping is a way of preparing a pdf document for printing so that no gaps appear between objects printed from different colors.

For more info see
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapping

So this is relevant only if your PDF is targetted for a higher-end workflow, where a pre-trapped PDF template (created in InDesign, Quark etc.) is simply customized using PHP, if not I assume it's best to set this parameter to false or null.

Bernd

Re: Zend_Pdf meta data 'Trapped'

Ralf Eggert
Hi Bernd,

> Trapping is a way of preparing a pdf document for printing so that no gaps
> appear between objects printed from different colors.
>
> For more info see
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapping

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I did not here of the word trapping
before. But now I know.

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf