Zend_Pdf and special character problems

Jani Hartikainen
Hey all

I've been using Zend_Pdf to create some stuff, and now I ran into an issue
with
the finnish letters Ä and Ö. On my dev box, which is Win XP in finnish,
the characters
show up just fine in the PDF, but on the *nix server which isn't in
finnish,
when the pdf generation encounters the letters, it just scraps the rest of
the
text.

So I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas on what I could do to make
these
letters work correctly on the server?

I've tried copying over a font from my dev box to the server and using
that, but
that didn't help at all.

Thanks

Re: Zend_Pdf and special character problems

Martijn Korse
Have a look at the paragraph 35.5.4: Text Drawing
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.pdf.drawing.html

It takes an optional argument for the character encoding which defaults to the current locale. I think that is what is causing your problem

Jani Hartikainen wrote

Thanks

Re: Zend_Pdf and special character problems

Jani Hartikainen
Ah, this is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks, seems to fix it.