Zend_OpenId + delegation

Chris Morrell
Hello,

I'm using Zend_OpenId and its Zend_Auth_Adapter in a system I'm working
on, and I can't seem to get it to work right with delegation.  I have a
URL that I delegate to an OpenID 1.1 provider using openid.delegate.
Authentication works fine, but when I call:

$result->getIdentity()

I get the delegated identity, not the original one.  For example, I try
to authenticate against "http://mysite.com" which then delegates to
"http://myblog.wordpress.com."  When I call getIdentity(), I'm getting
the wordpress URL back, not the mysite URL.

Looking around the code I see that the system is storing an $id variable
and a $realId variable, but I can't seem to get at the $id variable
publicly.  It seems like too big of an issue to be a bug--I must be
doing something wrong.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--
Chris Morrell
http://www.cmorrell.com

Re: Zend_OpenId + delegation

Vincent T

I get the delegated identity, not the original one.  For example, I try to authenticate against "<a href="http://mysite.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://mysite.com" which then delegates to "<a href="http://myblog.wordpress.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://myblog.wordpress.com."  When I call getIdentity(), I'm getting the wordpress URL back, not the mysite URL.

Looking around the code I see that the system is storing an $id variable and a $realId variable, but I can't seem to get at the $id variable publicly.  It seems like too big of an issue to be a bug--I must be doing something wrong.  Any thoughts?

Hi,

It *is* a big problem.

There is a previous thread:
http://www.nabble.com/How-can-I-get-the-OpenID-delegate--td14537138s16154.html and
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-How-can-I-get-the-OpenID-delegate--td16322519.html

Apparently, it was never result and this issue is still lingering.

Thanks!

--
Chris Morrell

Vincent

Re: Zend_OpenId + delegation

Chris Morrell
Hmm.  So I'm probably going to end up creating my own version of some of the OpenId classes until this is resolved.  It seems to me that a simple fix would be to return $id instead of $realId in the case of delegation, because the consumer doesn't really need to know that delegation occurred, just that the authentication was successful or not.  Is there any reason that's a bad idea?
--
Chris Morrell
http://www.cmorrell.com

I get the delegated identity, not the original one.  For example, I try to authenticate against "<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://mysite.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://mysite.com" which then delegates to "<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://myblog.wordpress.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://myblog.wordpress.com."  When I call getIdentity(), I'm getting the wordpress URL back, not the mysite URL.

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.cmorrell.com" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.cmorrell.com

Vincent

Re: Zend_OpenId + delegation

help_poor
Hello,

Is ZF openid working for you ? Did you made it yet ??? So many years, for me nothing working for ZF openid.

Thanks