Zend_Locale with Translations and Currencies for sparse regions.

Zend_Locale with Translations and Currencies for sparse regions.

chrisacky
I would like to provide language translations for a number of languages.

For example, "en", "it", "fr"...

In addition to this, I would also like to provide currencies in about 12 different currencies. These currencies should be used regardless if the locale supports it.

For example, I would like to use the standard : USD, EUR, GBP, and also JPY, SGD, THB, BRL etc.

I am unsure how to achieve this. I thought that I could just create additional .xml locale files for each.

So for example, I might add...

en_JP
en_BR
en_*
..
fr_JP
So that I have every possible alteration of languages to regions (with supporting currencies).

However, all attempts to add new .xml files has failed.
What is the correct way to achieve this specification of allowing any language to use any currency?