Zend_Locale

Thomas Weidner
Hy folks,

I have collected all mailings for Zend_Locale together, and wrote a
Pre-Proposal for Zend_Locale.

It should be discussed in detail so we could have a Zend_Locale
latest with the release of 0.1.5 / 0.1.6.

Greetings
Thomas

Zend_Locale_Announcement.txt (3K) Download Attachment

André Hoffmann
Germany

Re: Zend_Locale

Thomas Weidner
Which weight ?? Mine ?? :)

André Hoffmann
Germany

Re: Zend_Locale

Thomas Weidner
Ah... got the clue...
you mean kg, pound and so on :)

Checked...
Should be added in "Conversion" Class

André Hoffmann
Germany

Re: Zend_Locale

Bugzilla from fjogstad@gmail.com
Localisation isn't only about translations so it is important to include:

Numbers:
 - Decimal symbol
 - Thousands separator
 - Positive sign
 - Negative sign
 - Measure system (Metric, etc)
 -

Time:
 - Calendar system (Gregorian, Hijiri, Hebrew, Jalali)
 - Time format (HH:MM:SS)
 - Date format (WEEKDAY DD MONTH YYYY, etc.)
 - Short date format (DD:MM.YYYY, etc)
 - First day of week

Text:
- Orientation (From left or rigthe)

Money:
 - Currency symbol
 - Decimal symbol
 - Thousands separator
 - Fract digits
 - Positive currency symbol (before or after; quantity money, parentheses
around,  etc.)
 - Negative  currency symbol (before or after; quantity money, parentheses
around,  etc.)

Regards,
Sindre Fjogstad

Re: Zend_Locale

Thomas Weidner
Hy,

> Localisation isn't only about translations so it is important to include:
>
> Numbers:
> Time:
> Text:
> Money:

That's right.
But we also have to de the basics befor we do such things like
Thousands-Seperator or left-right orientation

Calendar System, day of week or dateformat are NO things that
should be done in Zend_Locale direct.
They should be done in a Zend_Date, or a submodule of
Zend_Locale (for example Zend_Locale_Date).
But not in our first approach.

Take a look at
 - CDLR:        http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/
which declares a locale-format with all things you wrote.
Something like this locale-description format we should add
to this class, so we know what default properties a language
has to be set.

Greetings
Thomas