Zend_Layout, best practices

Jamie Krasnoo
Hey all,

I've been looking at the docs for Zend_Layout, but it's left me with a few
questions. Are there any best practices when creating a layout script?
Also, since the docs show either render or partial being used. If I have a
partial such as header and I need to communicate anything to that partial
is there a direct way to put data in to that partial that's defined in the
layout through an action? Does anyone know of any blog posts or articles
discussing advanced usage of Zend_Layout?

Jamie

Re: Zend_Layout, best practices

akrabat

On 23 Jul 2012, at 08:48, Jamie Krasnoo wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've been looking at the docs for Zend_Layout, but it's left me with a few
> questions. Are there any best practices when creating a layout script?
> Also, since the docs show either render or partial being used. If I have a
> partial such as header and I need to communicate anything to that partial
> is there a direct way to put data in to that partial that's defined in the
> layout through an action? Does anyone know of any blog posts or articles
> discussing advanced usage of Zend_Layout?

I would recommend looking at:

* http://codeutopia.net/blog/2008/03/17/introduction-to-zend_layout-updated-for-zf-15/
* http://akrab.at/QLiiCa (Survive the Deep End link)
* http://www.slideshare.net/ralphschindler/zendlayout-zendview-enhancements-presentation