Zend Framework 2 module installer

dolphin
This post was updated on .
I made for my own module universal GUI installer. https://github.com/dphn/ScContent Its functionality extends with the configuration. I came up with the idea that this functionality would be nice to make a separate standard module. Unfortunately, I am not a developer, it's just a hobby. Also, I'm concerned about the basic functionality of my module, and the installer is its optional component. If someone like this idea, I suggest that on the basis of this to write a separate module.

P.S.: See this https://github.com/dphn/ScContent/blob/master/config/installation.config.php
1) Checking php.ini compatibility
2) Checking PHP extensions
3) Assets installation and version control
4) Easy to extend with its own code
5) Two types of own code - as a service or as a controller (the controllers can use forms, mappers, etc.)

See how it works. If it were a separate standard module, its would use each developer.

Re: Zend Framework 2 module installer

If you got this far you are a developer :-)

By the way, it looks like this stuff also has DB connections & co - is that really needed?

On 17 November 2013 09:20, dolphin [via Zend Framework Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I made for my own module universal GUI installer. https://github.com/dphn/ScContent Its functionality extends with the configuration. I came up with the idea that this functionality would be nice to make a separate standard module. Unfortunately, I am not a developer, it's just a hobby. Also, I'm concerned about the basic functionality of my module, and the installer is its optional component. If someone like this idea, I suggest that on the basis of this to write a separate module.

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Zend-Framework-2-module-installer-tp4661225.html
To start a new topic under ZF Contributor, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ZF Contributor, click here.
NAML

Re: Zend Framework 2 module installer

dolphin
Now I think the best way to do version control for database migration. Something like that http://akrabat.com/zend-framework/akrabat_db_schema_manager-zend-framework-database-migrations . But I do not use Doctrine in this module and do not know how to operate it. It would be nice if the installer to support both ways of migration - with Zend\Db and using Doctrine. In any case, the connection parameters are now specified using a web form.
I would like to know what you think about it. If you give zf2 community to install and configure the module using the configuration, is this helpful? As I said, my knowledge is not enough to make this as standard module.

Re: Zend Framework 2 module installer

I can't work on it nor check it in detail ATM.

As for supporting both doctrine and zend\db: good luck with that - it requires a lot of abstraction to have them both :(

Using something like liquibase may be better, instead of trying to re-do migrations in your own programming language.

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Zend-Framework-2-module-installer-tp4661225p4661241.html
To start a new topic under ZF Contributor, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ZF Contributor, click here.
NAML

Re: Zend Framework 2 module installer

dolphin

Re: Zend Framework 2 module installer

On 19 November 2013 11:35, dolphin [via Zend Framework Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:
LiquiBase. An interesting solution. But the preference php code. I see that there are many solutions that are specific to the development environment:
http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/console-and-shells/schema-management-and-migrations.html
http://eddmann.com/posts/database-migrations-with-codeigniter
http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/guide/1.1/en/database.migration
https://github.com/ferpetrelli/kohana-flexible-migrations
https://github.com/anroots/kohana-simple-migrations
https://github.com/jmhobbs/kohana-3-migrations
Against this background, even the creation of a dialect is not a serious problem :)

Not that I like any of those :\ Seems like re-inventing the wheel. square :P

You are absolutely right. But, as I said, a migration on the basis of the Doctrine I still can not do. As for Zend\Db, here there is not any basis :(.
Although the idea is interesting, and if you compare with Debian, this will be similar to the relationship apt, aptitude, Synaptic and Adept. When compared with Windows, then such a "Windows Installer" would be very useful.

Re: Zend Framework 2 module installer

dolphin
UPS!!! About the lack of basis for Zend\Db, I was wrong. See Zend\Db\Sql\Ddl !!!