Zend Framework 2.4 planning/timeline

Hi, all --

I've been reviewing the pull requests and issues marked for 2.4, as
well as those issues/PRs created in the past month that have not yet
been assigned to the milestone.

From what I can see, the majority of those marked for 2.4, as well as
new issues/PRs, can have final review and be merged relatively
quickly. A handful of them I've identified as requiring longer review
periods due to complexity and potential contention with approaches
used.

At this time, my plan is the following:

- Merge and review all PRs for which there are no outstanding
questions; I should be able to do this by no later than Wednesday of
next week (25 February 2015).
- Work with authors and contributors on the remaining issues. I should
be able to accomplish this by 4 March 2015.
- Freeze all contributions at that time, and announce a beta release
the following Monday (9 March 2015).

From there, we should be able to do a stable release within 1-3 weeks,
based on issues found during testing.

I need to mark issues reviewed and unassigned still, but you can keep
track of progress by following the 2.4.0 milestone on GitHub:

- https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/milestones/2.4.0

Thanks in advance for any assistance and testing you can provide
during this timeframe!

Principal Engineer
Project Lead, Zend Framework and Apigility
[hidden email]
http://framework.zend.com
http://apigility.org