Zend Framework 2.2.4 Released!

The Zend Framework community is pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Zend Framework 2.2.4! Packages and installation
instructions are available at:

- http://framework.zend.com/downloads/latest

This release fixes a regression found in the Form component released
with version 2.2.3; if you use that component, we urge you to upgrade to
2.2.4.

Regressions
-----------

Version 2.2.3 introduced a regression in the Form component, as a
side-effect of fixing another issue. The preferFormInputFilter flag was
originally created to allow developers to choose whether they wanted to
prefer the input filter they explicitly composed in the form to have
priority, or use the input filter settings the form aggregated from
default elements instead. Interestingly, the form component essentially
enforced the latter situation (prefering what the form aggregated),
making the flag have no semantic meaning.

A side effect of this, however, led to a regression in the InputFilter
component. Starting sometime in the 2.2 series, the behavior of input
merging was changed to merge the old input into the new. In 2.2.3, we
corrected this behavior -- but it broke the default merging order in the
Form component. On inspection, we discovered that the fix to the
InputFilter essentially gave semantic meaning back to the
preferFormInputFilter flag -- but that the default behavior -- which was
to prefer what the form aggregates -- was now flip-flopped.

The fix in 2.2.4 is to enable the preferFormInputFilter flag by default,
thus restoring the previous expected behavior. Additionally, we now
provide the ability to set this flag via form options or the form
factory.

If you use the Form component, we urge you to upgrade to 2.2.4
immediately.

Changelog
---------

To see the full changelog, visit:

- http://framework.zend.com/changelog/2.2.4

Thank You!

Many thanks to Michaƫl Gallego and Michael Gooden for helping me
troubleshoot the form issues!

Roadmap
-------

Maintenance releases happen monthly on the third Wednesday.

List: [hidden email]