Zend Framework 2.2.0rc1 is ready for testing!

Zend Framework 2.2.0rc1 is ready for testing!

We've pushed the bits out for the first release candidate for 2.2.0 -- 2.2.0rc1!

Read more on the announcement page: http://bit.ly/zf-2-2-0rc1

Please test, and get feedback to us ASAP!

Re: Zend Framework 2.2.0rc1 is ready for testing!

xoops
Cool!
Will check out and update with our Pi ASAP!

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]> wrote:
We've pushed the bits out for the first release candidate for 2.2.0 -- 2.2.0rc1!

Read more on the announcement page: http://bit.ly/zf-2-2-0rc1

Please test, and get feedback to us ASAP!

Taiwen Jiang (aka D.J.)

Open Source: Pi Engine
web and mobile application platform

Re: Zend Framework 2.2.0rc1 is ready for testing!

Slamdunk
I'm testing the RC: the new code makes intl mandatory instead of optional.

Every form use his form view helper:

https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/blob/release-2.2.0rc1/library/Zend/Form/View/Helper/AbstractHelper.php#L13

Which requires the new constructor with intl requirement:

https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/blob/release-2.2.0rc1/library/Zend/I18n/View/Helper/AbstractTranslatorHelper.php#L34-L45

And so no form helper can be used without intl :|

[I do not have ext\intl and I've use zf2 from 2.0.0 to 2.1.4 with no issue]

I'll make a PR to narrow ext\intl requirement only where the class
declares explicit "use"s.

Sascha-Oliver Prolic

Re: Zend Framework 2.2.0rc1 is ready for testing!

Slamdunk
Here you are:

https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/pull/4380

Filippo

Il 02/05/2013 08:36, Filippo Tessarotto ha scritto:

> I'm testing the RC: the new code makes intl mandatory instead of optional.
>
> Every form use his form view helper:
>
> https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/blob/release-2.2.0rc1/library/Zend/Form/View/Helper/AbstractHelper.php#L13
>

> Which requires the new constructor with intl requirement:
>
> https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/blob/release-2.2.0rc1/library/Zend/I18n/View/Helper/AbstractTranslatorHelper.php#L34-L45
>

> And so no form helper can be used without intl :|
>
> [I do not have ext\intl and I've use zf2 from 2.0.0 to 2.1.4 with no issue]
>
> I'll make a PR to narrow ext\intl requirement only where the class
> declares explicit "use"s.
>
> Il 02/05/2013 01:29, Matthew Weier O'Phinney ha scritto:
>> We've pushed the bits out for the first release candidate for 2.2.0 --
>> 2.2.0rc1!
>>
>> Read more on the announcement page: http://bit.ly/zf-2-2-0rc1
>>
>> Please test, and get feedback to us ASAP!
>>
>> --
>> Matthew Weier O'Phinney
>> Project Lead            | [hidden email]
>> Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/
>> PGP key: http://framework.zend.com/zf-matthew-pgp-key.asc

Re: Zend Framework 2.2.0rc1 is ready for testing!

Ralf Eggert

I am starting to test an application with 2.2.0rc1 now. I wonder if
there is any documentation for the features? Or a complete list of all
the new plugin managers and abstract service factories?

I will report if I find any issues.

Best regards,

Ralf Eggert

Re: Zend Framework 2.2.0rc1 is ready for testing!

Spabby
I accidentally updated our live app with RC1, nothing broke.

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Ralf Eggert [via Zend Framework Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am starting to test an application with 2.2.0rc1 now. I wonder if
there is any documentation for the features? Or a complete list of all
the new plugin managers and abstract service factories?

I will report if I find any issues.

Best regards,

Ralf Eggert

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Zend-Framework-2-2-0rc1-is-ready-for-testing-tp4659892p4659911.html
To start a new topic under ZF Contributor, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ZF Contributor, click here.
NAML

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]> wrote:
We've pushed the bits out for the first release candidate for 2.2.0 -- 2.2.0rc1!

Read more on the announcement page: http://bit.ly/zf-2-2-0rc1

Please test, and get feedback to us ASAP!

Re: Zend Framework 2.2.0rc1 is ready for testing!

zburnham
I owe you guys on the new interface in InputFilter.  Basically I added a flag to the Input class called 'continue_if_empty' which allows you to validate an empty but present field based on context (or any other validator you choose.)  Previously, if 'allow_empty' was TRUE, and the field was empty, it was valid, period.  If 'continue_if_empty' is true, it uses the validator chain to determine its validity.

(Sorry about the direct email, Gary.)

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Gary Hockin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bad conflict resolution detected:

https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/issues/4405

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Ralf Eggert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am starting to test an application with 2.2.0rc1 now. I wonder if
> there is any documentation for the features? Or a complete list of all
> the new plugin managers and abstract service factories?

I listed new features in the release announcement
(http://bit.ly/zf-2-2-0rc1), including all new plugin managers and
abstract service factories. Some documentation is already written and
merged; more documentation will be occurring between now and the
stable release.

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Zachary Burnham <[hidden email]> wrote:
I owe you guys on the new interface in InputFilter.  Basically I added a flag to the Input class called 'continue_if_empty' which allows you to validate an empty but present field based on context (or any other validator you choose.)  Previously, if 'allow_empty' was TRUE, and the field was empty, it was valid, period.  If 'continue_if_empty' is true, it uses the validator chain to determine its validity.

Are you reporting an issue, or indicating you're happy with a change? (I'm a bit confused by your verbiage, and just need clarification).

[...]

Hi Matthew,

> I listed new features in the release announcement
> (http://bit.ly/zf-2-2-0rc1), including all new plugin managers and
> abstract service factories. Some documentation is already written and
> merged; more documentation will be occurring between now and the
> stable release.

Yes, I have read the annoucement. But phrase like "Among the various
plugin managers created are...", "New factories include..." and "New
abstract factories include..." gave me the feeling that their might be
more than the once mentioned.

Anyway, I didn't check it yet. But is it possible know to define filters
and validators in my module configuration to make them available without
any extra work in input filter objects. Or is the InputFilter manager
made for this. As I said, I didn't check it yet and might figure it out
later on...

Thanks and best regards,

Ralf

Re: Zend Framework 2.2.0rc1 is ready for testing!

Ralf Eggert

sorry for picking at the release note.

"New factories include a Translator service factory..."

Why is the Translator service factory new? IIRC, it was already there
with ZF 2.1 and maybe even earlier.

Thanks for clarification.

Ralf

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Ralf Eggert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> sorry for picking at the release note.
>
> "New factories include a Translator service factory..."
>
> Why is the Translator service factory new? IIRC, it was already there
> with ZF 2.1 and maybe even earlier.

Because I misread my notes. :)

That said, there _will_ be a new one, due to some changes we're
introducing on master right now to reduce dependencies in the
Validator component. More details soon.