Zend Framework 2.0.0rc6 Released!

The Zend Framework community is pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Zend Framework 2.0.0rc6! Packages and installation
instructions are available at:

    http://packages.zendframework.com/

We've been releasing release candidates weekly since mid-July. At this
time, RC6 is slated to be the last release candidate before shipping a
stable version.

RC6 has continued the cycle of decreasing numbers of pull requests,
lending weight to the idea that we are hitting a stable API. Around 30
patches were handled -- though not all were merged -- ranging from small
consistency fixes to solutions for often-reported issues. Additionally,
around 20 documentation patches were handled, providing a steady stream
of updates for the user guide.

The full changelog is as follows:

- Zend\Config
  - The INI adapter now allows bracket notation for appending values to an array
    within INI definitions.
- Zend\Db
  - ResultInterface adds isBuffered() method for checking if the resultset is
    buffered or not. Allows for more fine grained control of result set
    buffering, including using the database engine's native buffering.
  - Insertions with multi-part keys now work properly.
  - Expression objects may now be passed to the order() method of a Select
    object.
- Zend\Form
  - You can now omit error messages on elements when rendering via formRow(), by
    passing a boolean false as the third argument of the helper.
  - You can now use concrete hydrator instances with the factory.
  - You may now set the CSRF validator class and/or options to use on the Csrf
    element
  - The Select, Radio, and MultiCheckbox elements and view helpers were
    refactored to move value options into properties, instead of attributes.
    This makes them more consistent with other elements, and simplifies the
    interfaces.
  - Forms now lazy-load an input filter if none has been specified; this should
    simplify usage for many, and remove the "no input filter attached"
    exception.
  - All form helpers for buttons (button, submit, reset) now allow translation.
  - The formRow() view helper now allows you to set the CSS class used to
    designate an input with errors.
- Zend\Http
  - Some browser/web server combingations set SERVER_NAME to the IPv6 address,
    and enclose it in brackets. The PhpEnvironment\Request object now correctly
    detects such situations.
  - The Socket client will only fallback to SSLv3 if the ssltransport
    configuration key is not set (instead of also allowing SSLv2).
- Zend\I18n\Translator
  - Loader\LoaderInterface was splitted into Loader\FileLoaderInterface and
    Loader\RemoteLoaderInterface. The latter one will be used in ZF 2.1 for
    a database loader.
  - Translator::addTranslationPattern() and the option "translation_patterns"
    were renamed to Translator::addTranslationFilePattern and
    "translation_file_patterns".
  - A new method Translator::addRemoteTranslations() was added.
- Zend\Mvc
  - Application no longer defines the "application" identifier for its composed
    EventManager instance. If you had listeners listening on that context,
    update them to use "Zend\Mvc\Application". See this thread for more details:

      http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Change-to-Zend-Mvc-Application-s-event-identifiers-tp4656517.html

  - The redirect plugin's toRoute() method signature is now synced with that of
    the url plugin's fromRoute() method.
  - The PRG plugin now allows passing no arguments; if you do so, the currently
    matched route will be used for the redirect.
- Zend\Paginator
  - Removes the factory() and related methods. This was done to be more
    consistent with other components, and also because the utility was not
    terribly useful; in most cases, developers needed to configure the adapter
    up-front anyways.
- Zend\Stdlib
  - ClassMethods Hydrator now supports boolean getters prefixed with "is".
- Zend\Validator
  - DB validators no longer mix positional and named parameters.

The skeleton application and a skeleton module have been updated for
2.0.0rc6, and are a great place to look to help get you started. You may
also want to check out the user guide , as it provides a comprehensive
tutorial for building a ZF2 application.

As a reminder, all ZF2 components are also available individually as
Pyrus AND composer packages; packages.zendframework.com is our official
channel for both package formats.

I'd like to thank each and every person who has contributed ideas,
feedback, pull requests (no pull request is too small!), testing, and
more -- we're almost to the goal of a stable next-generation framework!

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0rc6 Released!

Oscar Fanelli
Updating dependencies
  - Updating zendframework/zendframework dev-master (5dd58b => releas)
    Checking out release-2.0.0rc6

  [RuntimeException]
  Failed to clone http://github.com/zendframework/zf2.git via git, https and http protocols, aborti
  ng.

  - <a href="git://github.com/zendframework/zf2.git">git://github.com/zendframework/zf2.git
    error: there are still refs under 'refs/remotes/composer/release'
    From <a href="git://github.com/zendframework/zf2">git://github.com/zendframework/zf2
     ! [new branch]      release    -> composer/release  (unable to update local ref)

---

Oscar Fanelli
Fondatore Gamempire.it
Email secondaria: [hidden email]
Skype: gamempire
Tel: 3388696167

Il giorno 29/ago/2012, alle ore 20:03, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

[...]

Project Lead            | [hidden email]
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0rc6 Released!

Github has had some issues today, and this is likely a result. I've
heard reports on IRC that removing the vendor/zendframework directory
forces composer to retry, and most have been able to get it eventually.

-- Oscar Fanelli <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Wednesday, 29 August 2012, 08:09 PM +0200):

> [...]
>     - Zend\Validator
>      - DB validators no longer mix positional and named parameters.
>
>     The skeleton application and a skeleton module have been updated for
>     2.0.0rc6, and are a great place to look to help get you started. You may
>     also want to check out the user guide , as it provides a comprehensive
>     tutorial for building a ZF2 application.
>
>     As a reminder, all ZF2 components are also available individually as
>     Pyrus AND composer packages; packages.zendframework.com is our official
>     channel for both package formats.
>
>     I'd like to thank each and every person who has contributed ideas,
>     feedback, pull requests (no pull request is too small!), testing, and
>     more -- we're almost to the goal of a stable next-generation framework!
>
>     --
>     Matthew Weier O'Phinney
>     Project Lead            | [hidden email]

cmple
Matthew,
Can you please provide an example on how to use the select element?

$this->add(array(
        'name' => 'selectName',
        'options' => array(
                'label' => 'Select Label',
        ),
        'attributes' => array(
                'type' => 'select',
                'options' => array(
                        '1' => 'Label 1',
                        '2' => 'Label 2',
                ),
        ),
));

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend\Form\Exception\InvalidArgumentException' with message 'Zend\Form\View\Helper\FormSelect::render requires that the element is of type Zend\Form\Element\Select' in /***/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/Form/View/Helper/FormSelect.php on line 65

Thanks!

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0rc6 Released!

David Muir-2
I followed the directions on packages.zendframework.com, but I end up
with beta5 instead of rc6. How do I get rc6 using composer?

Cheers,
David

On 30/08/12 04:19, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

> [...]
>>      - Zend\Validator
>>       - DB validators no longer mix positional and named parameters.
>>
>>      The skeleton application and a skeleton module have been updated for
>>      2.0.0rc6, and are a great place to look to help get you started. You may
>>      also want to check out the user guide , as it provides a comprehensive
>>      tutorial for building a ZF2 application.
>>
>>      As a reminder, all ZF2 components are also available individually as
>>      Pyrus AND composer packages; packages.zendframework.com is our official
>>      channel for both package formats.
>>
>>      I'd like to thank each and every person who has contributed ideas,
>>      feedback, pull requests (no pull request is too small!), testing, and
>>      more -- we're almost to the goal of a stable next-generation framework!
>>
>>      --
>>      Matthew Weier O'Phinney
>>      Project Lead            | [hidden email]

macest
$this->add(array(
        'type' => 'Zend\Form\Element\Select',
        'name' => 'selectName',
        'options' => array(
                'label' => 'Select Label',
                'value_options' => array(
                        '1' => 'Label 1',
                        '2' => 'Label 2',
                ),
        ),
));

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0rc6 Released!

Ralf Eggert

Matthew Weier O'Phinney schrieb am 29.08.2012 20:19:
> Github has had some issues today, and this is likely a result. I've
> heard reports on IRC that removing the vendor/zendframework directory
> forces composer to retry, and most have been able to get it eventually.

I have that issue since a couple of days. I always get this error:

[RuntimeException]

Source directory
/home/devhost/zf2domain/vendor/zendframework/zendframework has
uncommitted changes.

Deleting the /vendor/zendframework/zendframework directory solves the
issue. But its quite annoying since this happens at least since Sunday.

Regards,

Ralf

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0rc6 Released!

Ralf Eggert
Hi,

I just remembered that I made small code changes to a view helper to fix
an issue. I guess that has caused the error.

Regards,

Ralf

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0rc6 Released!

cmple