Release candidates are now happening weekly, and will continue until we
feel the code is stable; we anticipate that in the next couple weeks, we
should have a stable release.
In the past week, we've managed around 50 pull requests, patching
primarily bugfixes. Additionally, a patch closing potential XML entity
expansion vectors (XEE) was added, and addresses each of Zend\Dom,
Zend\Feed, Zend\Soap, and Zend\XmlRpc. If you were building on a version
prior to RC4, we highly recommend updating at this time.
Our efforts are now turning primarily to documentation. If you can help
us, please do! Enrico has posted a primer on helping with documentation:
Below is the full changelog. Take some time to test the release, and to
thank all the contributors who have helped get us this far!
UPDATES IN RC4
- RowGateway: delete() now works; RowGateway objects now no longer duplicates
the content internally leading to a larger than necessary memory footprint.
- Adapter for PDO: fixed such that all calls to rowCount() will always be an
integer; also fixed disconnect() from unsetting property
- Zend\Validator\Db: fixed such that TableIdentifier can be used to promote
- Sql\Select: added reset() API to reset parts of a Select object, also
includes updated constants to refer to the parts by
- Sql\Select and others: Added subselect support in Select, In Expression and
the processExpression() abstraction for Zend\Db\Sql
- Metadata: fixed various incorrect keys when refering to contstraint data in
metadata value objects
- StringTrim filter now properly handles unicode whitespace
- FieldsetInterface now defines the methods allowObjectBinding() and
- New interface, FieldsetPrepareAwareInterface. Collection and Fieldset both
- See https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/pull/2184 for details
- Select elements now handle options and validation more consistently with
other multi-value elements.
- SSL options are now propagated to all Socket Adapter subclasses
- Allows passing ValidatorChain and FilterChain instances to the factory
- Fixed xml formatter to not display empty extra information
- SplAutoloader was renamed to SplAutoloaderInterface (consistency issue)
- params() helper now allows fetching full parameter containers if no
arguments are provided to its various methods (consistency issue)
- The DbSelect adapter now works
- ViewModel now allows unsetting variables properly
- Fixed issues in Zend\Dom, Zend\Soap, Zend\Feed, and Zend\XmlRpc with regards
to the way libxml2 allows xml entity expansion from DOCTYPE entities when it