Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

Zend Framework 2.0.0
====================

This is the first stable release of the new version 2 release branch.

NEW IN ZEND FRAMEWORK 2
-----------------------

New and/or refactored components include:

- EventManager - provides subject/observer, pubsub, aspect-oriented programming,
  signal slots, and event systems for your applications.
- ServiceManager - provides an Inversion of Control (IoC) container for managing
  object life-cycles and dependencies via a configurable and programmable
  interface.
- DI - provides a Dependency Injection Container, another form of IoC.
- MVC - a newly written MVC layer for ZF2, using controllers as services, and
  wiring everything together using events.
- ModuleManager - a solution for providing plug-and-play functionality for
  either MVC applications or any application requiring pluggable 3rd party code.
  Within ZF2, the ModuleManager provides the MVC with services, and assists in
  wiring events.
- Loader - provides new options for autoloading, including standard, performant
  PSR-0 loading and class-map-based autoloading.
- Code - provides support for code reflection, static code scanning, and
  annotation parsing.
- Config - more performant and more flexible configuration parsing and creation.
- Escaper - a new component for providing context-specific escaping solutions
  for HTML, HTML attributes, CSS, JavaScript, and combinations of contexts as
  well.
- HTTP - rewritten to provide better header, request, and response abstraction.
- I18n - a brand new internationalization and localization layer built on top of
  PHP's ext/intl extension.
- InputFilter - a new component for providing normalization and validation of
  sets of data.
- Form - rewritten from the ground up to properly separate validation, domain
  modeling, and presentation concerns. Allows binding objects to forms, defining
  forms and input filters via annotations, and more.
- Log - rewritten to be more flexible and provide better capabilities
  surrounding message formats and filtering.
- Mail - rewritten to separate concerns more cleanly between messages and
  transports.
- Session - rewritten to make testing easier, as well as to make it more
  configurable for end users.
- Uri - rewritten to provide a cleaner, more object oriented interface.

Many components have been ported from Zend Framework 1, and operate in
practically identical manners to their 1.X equivalent. Others, such as the
service components, have been moved to their own repositories to ensure that as
APIs change, they do not need to wait on the framework to release new versions.

Welcome to a new generation of Zend Framework!

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

Andreas Möller

> Zend Framework 2.0.0
> ====================
>
> This is the first stable release of the new version 2 release branch.

Awesome!

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Best regards,

Andreas

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

Dennis Winter
Congrats!

Many thanks to all contributors and especially our mastermind, Matthew!

Keep the good work rolling!

Am 06.09.2012 um 05:58 schrieb Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
> - Log - rewritten to be more flexible and provide better capabilities
>  surrounding message formats and filtering.
> - Mail - rewritten to separate concerns more cleanly between messages and
>  transports.
> - Session - rewritten to make testing easier, as well as to make it more
>  configurable for end users.
> - Uri - rewritten to provide a cleaner, more object oriented interface.
>
> Many components have been ported from Zend Framework 1, and operate in
> practically identical manners to their 1.X equivalent. Others, such as the
> service components, have been moved to their own repositories to ensure that as
> APIs change, they do not need to wait on the framework to release new versions.
>
> Welcome to a new generation of Zend Framework!
>
> --
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

Antoine Hedgecock
Cooooool, when does work start on 2.1?

And yeah great work to everyone that joined in!

On Sep 6, 2012, at 8:15 AM, Andreas Möller <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Zend Framework 2.0.0
>> ====================
>>
>> This is the first stable release of the new version 2 release branch.
>
> Awesome!
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Andreas

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

David Muir-2
Congrats on a great release. Looking forward to digging in to it. New website looks good too. User Guide link was broken, but the 404 page was worth it!

Cheers,
David

On 06/09/2012, at 1:58 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> - Log - rewritten to be more flexible and provide better capabilities
>  surrounding message formats and filtering.
> - Mail - rewritten to separate concerns more cleanly between messages and
>  transports.
> - Session - rewritten to make testing easier, as well as to make it more
>  configurable for end users.
> - Uri - rewritten to provide a cleaner, more object oriented interface.
>
> Many components have been ported from Zend Framework 1, and operate in
> practically identical manners to their 1.X equivalent. Others, such as the
> service components, have been moved to their own repositories to ensure that as
> APIs change, they do not need to wait on the framework to release new versions.
>
> Welcome to a new generation of Zend Framework!
>
> --
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

Marco Pivetta
Congrats to everyone for this huge milestone and thank you for all the support and knowledge you shared. I really hope to give back at least 1% of what I got from this great community!

Continue building great tools, guys!

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://marco-pivetta.com

On 6 September 2012 12:20, David Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> - Log - rewritten to be more flexible and provide better capabilities
>  surrounding message formats and filtering.
> - Mail - rewritten to separate concerns more cleanly between messages and
>  transports.
> - Session - rewritten to make testing easier, as well as to make it more
>  configurable for end users.
> - Uri - rewritten to provide a cleaner, more object oriented interface.
>
> Many components have been ported from Zend Framework 1, and operate in
> practically identical manners to their 1.X equivalent. Others, such as the
> service components, have been moved to their own repositories to ensure that as
> APIs change, they do not need to wait on the framework to release new versions.
>
> Welcome to a new generation of Zend Framework!
>
> --
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

Anton Stöckl
Awesome guys, congrats on the release! :-)

Looking forward to test drive it, hopefully we canbuild on ZF2 for the
complete re-write of our SaaS product in the company I work for.

Cheers, Anton

Am 06.09.2012 05:58, schrieb Matthew Weier O'Phinney:
> Zend Framework 2.0.0
> ====================
>
> This is the first stable release of the new version 2 release branch.

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

ThaDafinser
Hello together,

amazing. Just great, and yes the 404 page is worth it =)

Just to save this easter egg forever, the screenshot is in the attachments.

Best regards
Martin Keckeis

2012/9/6 Anton Stöckl <[hidden email]>
Awesome guys, congrats on the release! :-)

Looking forward to test drive it, hopefully we canbuild on ZF2 for the complete re-write of our SaaS product in the company I work for.

Cheers, Anton

Am 06.09.2012 05:58, schrieb Matthew Weier O'Phinney:

Zend Framework 2.0.0
====================

This is the first stable release of the new version 2 release branch.

ZF_404.jpg (214K) Download Attachment

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

Enrico Zimuel-2
Hi Martin,

we are fixing the links in the website, the correct URL is:
http://framework.zend.com/manual/2.0/en/user-guide/overview.html

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Regards,
Enrico Zimuel

On 09/06/2012 03:32 PM, Martin Keckeis wrote:

> Hello together,
>
> amazing. Just great, and yes the 404 page is worth it =)
>
> Link: http://framework.zend.com/manual/2.0/en/user-guide/index.html
>
> Just to save this easter egg forever, the screenshot is in the attachments.
>
> Best regards
> Martin Keckeis
>

> 2012/9/6 Anton Stöckl <[hidden email]>
>
>> Awesome guys, congrats on the release! :-)
>>
>> Looking forward to test drive it, hopefully we canbuild on ZF2 for the
>> complete re-write of our SaaS product in the company I work for.
>>
>> Cheers, Anton
>>

>> Am 06.09.2012 05:58, schrieb Matthew Weier O'Phinney:
>>
>>  Zend Framework 2.0.0
>>> ====================
>>>
>>> This is the first stable release of the new version 2 release branch.

--
Enrico Zimuel
Senior PHP Engineer     | [hidden email]
Zend Framework Team     | http://framework.zend.com
Zend Technologies Ltd.
http://www.zend.com

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

-- David Muir <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Thursday, 06 September 2012, 08:20 PM +1000):
> Congrats on a great release. Looking forward to digging in to it. New
> website looks good too. User Guide link was broken, but the 404 page
> was worth it!

Those links are fixed now -- thanks for the report!

> [...]
> >  transports.
> > - Session - rewritten to make testing easier, as well as to make it more
> >  configurable for end users.
> > - Uri - rewritten to provide a cleaner, more object oriented interface.
> >
> > Many components have been ported from Zend Framework 1, and operate in
> > practically identical manners to their 1.X equivalent. Others, such as the
> > service components, have been moved to their own repositories to ensure that as
> > APIs change, they do not need to wait on the framework to release new versions.
> >
> > Welcome to a new generation of Zend Framework!
> >
> > --
> > Matthew Weier O'Phinney
> > Project Lead            | [hidden email]
> > Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/
> > PGP key: http://framework.zend.com/zf-matthew-pgp-key.asc

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

-- Antoine Hedgecock <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Thursday, 06 September 2012, 10:51 AM +0200):
> Cooooool, when does work start on 2.1?

It already has -- we have probably a dozen or more pull requests for 2.1
under review already. :)

> And yeah great work to everyone that joined in!
>
> On Sep 6, 2012, at 8:15 AM, Andreas Möller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> >> Zend Framework 2.0.0
> >> ====================
> >>
> >> This is the first stable release of the new version 2 release branch.
> >
> > Awesome!
> >
> > Thanks to everyone who contributed.
> >

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Andreas

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

Artur Bodera

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Enrico Zimuel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Martin,

we are fixing the links in the website, the correct URL is:
http://framework.zend.com/manual/2.0/en/user-guide/overview.html

Enrico:

http://framework.zend.com/manual/2.0/en/user-guide/skeleton-application.html

No images.

--
      __
     /.)\   +48 695 600 936
     \(./   [hidden email]

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

ThaDafinser
Hi together,

why has the 404 page changed? I liked it :-/
It's now boring like every other 404 page

Best regards

2012/9/7 Artur Bodera <[hidden email]>

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Enrico Zimuel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Martin,

we are fixing the links in the website, the correct URL is:
http://framework.zend.com/manual/2.0/en/user-guide/overview.html

Enrico:

http://framework.zend.com/manual/2.0/en/user-guide/skeleton-application.html

No images.

--
      __
     /.)\   <a href="tel:%2B48%20695%20600%20936" value="+48695600936" target="_blank">+48 695 600 936
     \(./   [hidden email]

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

Marc Bennewitz (private)
Congratulations! Great work!

But I'm missing a note about the rewritten Zend\Cache ;)

> [...]
>   surrounding message formats and filtering.
> - Mail - rewritten to separate concerns more cleanly between messages and
>   transports.
> - Session - rewritten to make testing easier, as well as to make it more
>   configurable for end users.
> - Uri - rewritten to provide a cleaner, more object oriented interface.
>
> Many components have been ported from Zend Framework 1, and operate in
> practically identical manners to their 1.X equivalent. Others, such as the
> service components, have been moved to their own repositories to ensure that
> as
> APIs change, they do not need to wait on the framework to release new
> versions.
>
> Welcome to a new generation of Zend Framework!
>
> --
> Matthew Weier O'Phinney

Re: Zend Framework 2.0.0 STABLE Released!

It changes.....if you refresh multiple times, there are three messages:
" NO, Zend Framework is not to blame for this! "
" We hear Symfony doesn't have this problem. "
" The requested URL could not be matched by routing. "

2012/9/7 Tomáš Fejfar <[hidden email]>
[...]

-- Marc Bennewitz <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Friday, 07 September 2012, 11:33 AM +0200):
> Congratulations! Great work!
>
> But I'm missing a note about the rewritten Zend\Cache ;)

DAMMIT!!!! SOOOOoooo many changes to keep track of. Sorry about that,
Marc!