Quantcast

Zend_Form::isErrors()

Mark39282
Hi Matthew,

Just wanted to say thanks for adding isErrors() to Zend_Form. Just that bit
less clutter in my controller actions now I don't need to set an isErrors
variable for the view script to check :)

I noticed above the new isErrors() method is this persistData() method
without a doc block (r8689):

    public function persistData()

It puzzled me. What is it? Doesn't seem to be referenced by any other code in
the library. In the manual it is in an item list but doesn't explain about
it.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Zend_Form::isErrors()

-- Mark Maynereid <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Saturday, 08 March 2008, 04:54 AM +0000):

> Hi Matthew,
>
> Just wanted to say thanks for adding isErrors() to Zend_Form. Just that bit
> less clutter in my controller actions now I don't need to set an isErrors
> variable for the view script to check :)
>
> I noticed above the new isErrors() method is this persistData() method
> without a doc block (r8689):
>
>     public function persistData()
>     {
>     }
>
> It puzzled me. What is it? Doesn't seem to be referenced by any other code in
> the library. In the manual it is in an item list but doesn't explain about
> it.

Plans for future functionality. :-)

My plan is to use it for persisting data in the session between requests
-- which would be useful for multi-page forms. But it was a low priority
feature, so I placed a stub only; there's also a test marked incomplete
for it in the test suite.

PHP Developer            | [hidden email]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/