Zend\Crypt RFC

Enrico Zimuel-2
Hi all,

following the discussion of yesterday in the IRC #zf2-meeting  I wrote
the RFC for the new features that I proposed for Zend\Crypt.

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC+-+New+Zend_Crypt++features

In the meeting agenda I proposed to add the functions: encryptThenAuth,
AuthThenEncrypt, and encryptAndAuth to Zend\Crypt.
I decided to remove these functions in the RFC because we can use the
encrypt-then-authenticate method as default in the encryption/decryption
schema. That decision come because the encrypt-then-authenticate is the
most secure schema and also because I would like to offer a simplify API
for PHP developers.  It makes no sense to offer three different schemas
when we will use only one.

Regards,
Enrico Zimuel

--
Enrico Zimuel
Senior PHP Engineer     | [hidden email]
http://www.zend.com

Re: Zend\Crypt RFC

Enrico Zimuel-2
Hi all,

there is something you want to add for the Zend\Crypt RFC?
Tomorrow I would like to add this RFC in the agenda of the weekly IRC
meeting.

Regards,
Enrico Zimuel

--
Enrico Zimuel
Senior PHP Engineer     | [hidden email]
Zend Framework Team     | http://framework.zend.com
Zend Technologies Ltd.
http://www.zend.com

Re: Zend\Crypt RFC

DeNix
Hi Enrico,

On 03.04.2012 19:26, Enrico Zimuel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> there is something you want to add for the Zend\Crypt RFC?
> Tomorrow I would like to add this RFC in the agenda of the weekly IRC
> meeting.

there is one question I have about Zend\Crypt
will all math related stuff go into Math namespace?

lately I've been working on both

Math\BigNumber
https://github.com/denixport/zf2/tree/feature/math-bignumber-ext/library/Zend/Math
and
Math\Rand
https://github.com/denixport/zf2/tree/feature/math-rand/library/Zend/Math

Math\BigNumber came out as complex component with interface,
BigInt/Float types, Factory etc
right now I'm not sure it's the right way to go
if Zend\Crypt is the ony component to use arbitrary precision
calculations, it's probably better to make it dead simple

Math\Rand is just RNG based on adapters

so let me know what do you think

Thanks

Re: Zend\Crypt RFC

Enrico Zimuel-2
Hi Denis,

as you know there's a already a Zend\Crypt\Math namespace that contains
only BigInteger implementations.
Right now we don't have a Zend\Math component. When we will have it I
think we can refactor the Zend\Crypt using the new Zend\Math.

Regards,
Enrico

--
Enrico Zimuel
Senior PHP Engineer     | [hidden email]
Zend Framework Team     | http://framework.zend.com
Zend Technologies Ltd.
http://www.zend.com

RE: Zend\Crypt RFC

Walter Tamboer
Hi guys,
> Right now we don't have a Zend\Math component. When we will have it I

> think we can refactor the Zend\Crypt using the new Zend\Math.

Maybe this is the moment to create one? You will be refactoring the Crypt component anyway. Denis' work might be ready to implement and I'd like to see Vector and Matrix classes as well.

Regards,

Walter

> Regards,
> Enrico
>
> On 04/04/2012 03:09 AM, Denis Portnov wrote:
> > Hi Enrico,
> >
> > On 03.04.2012 19:26, Enrico Zimuel wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> there is something you want to add for the Zend\Crypt RFC?
> >> Tomorrow I would like to add this RFC in the agenda of the weekly IRC
> >> meeting.
> >
> > there is one question I have about Zend\Crypt
> > will all math related stuff go into Math namespace?
> >
> > lately I've been working on both
> >
> > Math\BigNumber
> > https://github.com/denixport/zf2/tree/feature/math-bignumber-ext/library/Zend/Math
> > and
> > Math\Rand
> > https://github.com/denixport/zf2/tree/feature/math-rand/library/Zend/Math
> >
> > Math\BigNumber came out as complex component with interface,
> > BigInt/Float types, Factory etc
> > right now I'm not sure it's the right way to go
> > if Zend\Crypt is the ony component to use arbitrary precision
> > calculations, it's probably better to make it dead simple
> >
> > Math\Rand is just RNG based on adapters
> >
> > so let me know what do you think
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> --
> Enrico Zimuel
> Senior PHP Engineer | [hidden email]
> Zend Framework Team | http://framework.zend.com
> Zend Technologies Ltd.
> http://www.zend.com

Re: Zend\Crypt RFC

Enrico Zimuel-2

Hi Walter,

Maybe this is the moment to create one? You will be refactoring the Crypt component anyway. Denis' work might be ready to implement and I'd like to see Vector and Matrix classes as well.

I just added the Zend\Math RFC in the agenda of the IRC meeting of today (#zf2-meeting):
http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/2012-04-04+Meeting+Agenda

If we will add the Zend\Math component in ZF2 I will refactor the Zend\Crypt for sure.

Regards,
Enrico