Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas

Jeremy Postlethwaite
I see that the Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas proposal has stalled:

http://framework.zend.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43342

I have created my own version of this class which is in use at UC Davis: http://ucdavis.edu/

The class is fully functioning with an example. It should be compatible with CAS 1, 2, and 3.

I have submitted a CLA so I can post proposals, so I need to wait until I get approved before I can contribute.

What is the next step?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Re: Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas

-- gammamatrix <[hidden email]> wrote
(on Tuesday, 28 April 2009, 12:18 PM -0700):

> I see that the Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas proposal has stalled:
>
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43342
>
> I have created my own version of this class which is in use at UC Davis:
> http://ucdavis.edu/
>
> The class is fully functioning with an example. It should be compatible with
> CAS 1, 2, and 3.
>
> I have submitted a CLA so I can post proposals, so I need to wait until I
> get approved before I can contribute.

Ask for community review of your proposal. You can do that on this list,
the more popular fw-general list, or on the zf-contributors list. Be
persistent, and try and get people to read the proposal and provide
feedback.

Once you have done so, and incorporated any pertinent feedback,
re-parent the proposal as "ready for recommendation". At that time, the
internal team will evaluate the proposal for inclusion within the
framework.

Re: Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas

Jeremy Postlethwaite
Thanks!

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote
-- gammamatrix <jeremy.postlethwaite@gmail.com> wrote
(on Tuesday, 28 April 2009, 12:18 PM -0700):
> I see that the Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas proposal has stalled:
>
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43342
>
> I have created my own version of this class which is in use at UC Davis:
> http://ucdavis.edu/
>
> The class is fully functioning with an example. It should be compatible with
> CAS 1, 2, and 3.
>
> I have submitted a CLA so I can post proposals, so I need to wait until I
> get approved before I can contribute.

Ask for community review of your proposal. You can do that on this list,
the more popular fw-general list, or on the zf-contributors list. Be
persistent, and try and get people to read the proposal and provide
feedback.

Once you have done so, and incorporated any pertinent feedback,
re-parent the proposal as "ready for recommendation". At that time, the
internal team will evaluate the proposal for inclusion within the
framework.

Project Lead            | matthew@zend.com

Re: Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas

Jeremy Postlethwaite
I have put in a working class for Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas.

It is fully functional and in use at UC Davis http://ucdavis.edu/

Please review so we can get this in the code base.

This is much simpler to use than the older code base provided at:

http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASC/phpCAS+examples

Thanks for your input!

Jeremy

gammamatrix wrote
Thanks!

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote
-- gammamatrix <jeremy.postlethwaite@gmail.com> wrote
(on Tuesday, 28 April 2009, 12:18 PM -0700):
> I see that the Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas proposal has stalled:
>
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43342
>
> I have created my own version of this class which is in use at UC Davis:
> http://ucdavis.edu/
>
> The class is fully functioning with an example. It should be compatible with
> CAS 1, 2, and 3.
>
> I have submitted a CLA so I can post proposals, so I need to wait until I
> get approved before I can contribute.

Ask for community review of your proposal. You can do that on this list,
the more popular fw-general list, or on the zf-contributors list. Be
persistent, and try and get people to read the proposal and provide
feedback.

Once you have done so, and incorporated any pertinent feedback,
re-parent the proposal as "ready for recommendation". At that time, the
internal team will evaluate the proposal for inclusion within the
framework.

Project Lead            | matthew@zend.com

Re: Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas

Jeremy Postlethwaite
There have been a couple of other developers who have successfully got this to work with their authentication system.

I have moved the site to the Ready for Recommendation category.

Jeremy

gammamatrix wrote
I have put in a working class for Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas.

It is fully functional and in use at UC Davis http://ucdavis.edu/

Please review so we can get this in the code base.

This is much simpler to use than the older code base provided at:

http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASC/phpCAS+examples

Thanks for your input!

Jeremy

gammamatrix wrote
Thanks!

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote
-- gammamatrix <jeremy.postlethwaite@gmail.com> wrote
(on Tuesday, 28 April 2009, 12:18 PM -0700):
> I see that the Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas proposal has stalled:
>
> http://framework.zend.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=43342
>
> I have created my own version of this class which is in use at UC Davis:
> http://ucdavis.edu/
>
> The class is fully functioning with an example. It should be compatible with
> CAS 1, 2, and 3.
>
> I have submitted a CLA so I can post proposals, so I need to wait until I
> get approved before I can contribute.

Ask for community review of your proposal. You can do that on this list,
the more popular fw-general list, or on the zf-contributors list. Be
persistent, and try and get people to read the proposal and provide
feedback.

Once you have done so, and incorporated any pertinent feedback,
re-parent the proposal as "ready for recommendation". At that time, the
internal team will evaluate the proposal for inclusion within the
framework.

Project Lead            | matthew@zend.com

Re: Zend_Auth_Adapter_Cas

Jeremy Postlethwaite
I added another use case for people not using the MVC aspect of Zend.

gammamatrix wrote