Zend_Acl fixes in trunk for assertions ZF-1721 & ZF-1722

Zend_Acl fixes in trunk for assertions ZF-1721 & ZF-1722

Ralph Schindler-2
Hi all,

I have supplied a fix in trunk for issues ZF-1721 and ZF-1722.  This is
a long standing issue that affects developers who wish to write
non-trivial assertions.  If anyone is interested, here is a similar use
case that describes part of the issue I think a lot of developers have
run into.

http://pastebin.com/f328e03ff

Please test out Zend_Acl from trunk and let me know if it fixes your
issues.  The issues described in the issue tracker the fix affects are:

* Zend_Acl::isAllowed does not support Role/Resource
   Inheritance down to Assertions
   http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1721

* Zend_Acl assertions broken when inheritance is required
   (ie DepthFirstSearch)
   http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1722

* Resource objects passed in to ACL query methods are not
   passed through to registered assert()'s
   http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-4460

* Assertion implementation does not receive ACL query
   parameters.
   http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-5425

* Inheritage of roles: rules are checked by parent roles
   http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-3390

Thanks!
Ralph Schindler

Re: [fw-general] Re: [fw-auth] Zend_Acl fixes in trunk for assertions ZF-1721 & ZF-1722

Ralph Schindler-2
Awesome!

Well, I plan to close these issues by the end of the day (or weekend)
assuming no one else pipes up about how well the solution works :)

-Ralph

Abraham Block wrote:

> Seems to work like a champ, Ralph!
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Ralph Schindler
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I have supplied a fix in trunk for issues ZF-1721 and ZF-1722.  This
>     is a long standing issue that affects developers who wish to write
>     non-trivial assertions.  If anyone is interested, here is a similar
>     use case that describes part of the issue I think a lot of
>     developers have run into.
>
>     http://pastebin.com/f328e03ff
>
>     Please test out Zend_Acl from trunk and let me know if it fixes your
>     issues.  The issues described in the issue tracker the fix affects are:
>
>     * Zend_Acl::isAllowed does not support Role/Resource
>      Inheritance down to Assertions
>      http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1721
>
>     * Zend_Acl assertions broken when inheritance is required
>      (ie DepthFirstSearch)
>      http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1722
>
>     * Resource objects passed in to ACL query methods are not
>      passed through to registered assert()'s
>      http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-4460
>
>     * Assertion implementation does not receive ACL query
>      parameters.
>      http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-5425
>
>     * Inheritage of roles: rules are checked by parent roles
>      http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-3390
>
>     Thanks!
>     Ralph Schindler

Re: Zend_Acl fixes in trunk for assertions ZF-1721 & ZF-1722

Colin Guthrie-6
'Twas brillig, and Ralph Schindler at 31/07/09 19:43 did gyre and gimble:
> Awesome!
>
> Well, I plan to close these issues by the end of the day (or weekend)
> assuming no one else pipes up about how well the solution works :)

Not had a chance to test the changes yet (still lagging behind on
1.7.x.!), but I'm sure they fix up the problem.

I should be able to give them a good test next week sometime and will be
sure to let you know if they don't fix things up for my use case :p

Thanks for working on it.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie