ZF3: let the work begin, now

bakura
Hi everyone,

As you may know, I'm personally trying to push ZF3 forward. Since the last year, I've invested a lot of time on refactoring component, and I'm not the only one.

As of today, a lot of things have already been done, and start getting interest:

* Refactor of input filter is nearly finished
* Refactor of validator is nearly finished
* Refactor of filter is nearly finished
* Refactor of hydrator is nearly finished
* I have a complete refactor of RBAC component that is going to be put in production soon
* Dasprid has made awesome work on a new router
* Ocramius has made work on new service manager
* We have two new proposal for a faster and more flexible event manager

In a nutshell, we have a lot of components that are nearly ready for ZF3 and need review. However, the current situation make it IMPOSSIBLE to do (for instance, input filter rely on the refactoring of validator and filter).

I know the ZF team is busy on Apigility, and I totally understand this, but we really need a solution now. My motivation is getting down because of all this work I cannot finish properly. My idea, albeit a bit extreme, was to create an unofficial branch of ZF3 so that people can push PR, having review and merge those new things. However I'd like to avoid that, is it would be quite bad for the community, I think.

What is the current plan regarding ZF3 now?

Thanks!

Re: ZF3: let the work begin, now

Even just having a person coordinating on design/API issues would be very cool.

We need to get going and get stuff merged into a branch or refused. Or at least indications before that happens.

Ideally, I'd like to see the branch being opened and eventually meetings being re-enstabilished.

On 12 January 2014 23:10, bakura [via Zend Framework Community] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/ZF3-let-the-work-begin-now-tp4661452.html
To start a new topic under ZF Contributor, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from ZF Contributor, click here.
NAML