[ZF2] Building CMS (admin/front application) concepts.

[ZF2] Building CMS (admin/front application) concepts.

Paladyn
After spending some time with ZF2 I finally feel that I understand at least 15% of framework. But still I feel this is`t enough to design best CMS structure. As we all know that mistakes in main concept is a real pain after some time, I would like to ask You guys (especially contributors, who`s ZF2 knowledge is beyond all) about Your thoughts  of building two layer based application (Admin and Front application).

The concepts I have thought are:

1. Build two separate applications sharing only ZF2 folder + files (images/files added through admin panel)
2. Build one application with shared modules (at least shared db tables classes).
3. Build one application with different configuration (with htaccess load different index.php -> which loades different modules set).

Every concept have pros and cons. Separate is probably quicker, but shared = less writing and more possibilities (like in view editing -> shared acl). Still separate is easier to configure and handle but it will be more comfortable to build one application but still for example: every db change will require to change files in both admin and front).

I like to know Your opinion. It could be useful thread for many people here.

Re: [ZF2] Building CMS (admin/front application) concepts.

graphicmist
i second that... please give insights on it

Re: [ZF2] Building CMS (admin/front application) concepts.

Pierre Rambaud
Hi,

Here an example about CMS based on ZF2 with only one application, there're
modules for Back (Admin, Development, Statistics, ...), and Application
module define the Front
https://github.com/PierreRambaud/GotCms

I think there's no best way to do some thing, create what makes you feel
good ;)

2013/3/11 graphicmist <[hidden email]>

> i second that... please give insights on it

Pierre RAMBAUD - I N S T A N T  |  L U X E - 40 rue d'Aboukir - 75002 Paris
- France
Web : www.instantluxe.com

Re: [ZF2] Building CMS (admin/front application) concepts.

graphicmist
Thanks pierre that will help a lot.

Re: [ZF2] Building CMS (admin/front application) concepts.

graphicmist
@Pierre Gotcms has been of great help for me to understand what i need from my current application.

I need to know how are you loading the same admin layout for admin modules like Development, Statistics?