ZF 2.0 Plans

DeNix
First I woud like to thank Thomas for a today's webinar. Was a great presentation.
I have a question regarding I18N ZF 2.0 plans (if there any): What do you think about Intl wich comes with PHP 5.3? Any plans to integrate it into Zend_Locale & Zend_Date for ZF 2.0 ?

Thanx
Denis

Re: [fw-i18n] ZF 2.0 Plans

Thomas Weidner
Thank you.

Actually INTL is based on CLDR.
And CLDR is used by ZF.

There is only one problem with INTL itself.
It does not provide all informations which ZF needs and provides to it's
users.

Additionally as INTL is 5.3, ZF itself needs to raise it's minimum
requirements to 5.3 to allow INTL usage.

Beside that we could change (even if both use the same information base).
And as long as not all informations are available ZF would still have to
deliver CLDR which lowers the benefit of having INTL.

So, if we can change depends on some other decissions which have to be
cleared.

Greetings
Thomas Weidner, I18N Team Leader, Zend Framework
http://www.thomasweidner.com

> First I woud like to thank Thomas for a today's webinar. Was a great
> presentation.
> I have a question regarding I18N ZF 2.0 plans (if there any): What do you
> think about Intl wich comes with PHP 5.3? Any plans to integrate it into
> Zend_Locale & Zend_Date for ZF 2.0 ?
>
> Thanx
> Denis

Re: [fw-i18n] ZF 2.0 Plans

sNop
Dne 20. 1. 2010 19:14, DeNix napsal(a):
> First I woud like to thank Thomas for a today's webinar. Was a great
> presentation.

Hi all,

where was the webinar ? I missed it ;(

Thank you for link