ZF 1 EOL Policy

Timothy Choi
Hi,

Are there any current policies on how ZF1's EOL will be handled? Is
the "early 2014" date stated on ZF2 FAQ still correct?

Timothy

--
List: [hidden email]

Re: ZF 1 EOL Policy

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 7:35 AM, Timothy Choi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Are there any current policies on how ZF1's EOL will be handled? Is
> the "early 2014" date stated on ZF2 FAQ still correct?

The stated EOL was "18 to 24 months following a stable 2.0 release,"
which puts the date somewhere between April and October of 2014; I
need to discuss with Zend management and the community review team
about specific dates.

Once the EOL is reached, we will no longer be updating the repository;
it will essentially be locked on whatever the last version is that we
release. We _may_ do security updates for longer; whether or not that
will happen, and how and for how long, is still to be determined.

List: [hidden email]

Re: ZF 1 EOL Policy

jsn541
weierophinney wrote
The stated EOL was "18 to 24 months following a stable 2.0 release,"
which puts the date somewhere between April and October of 2014; I
need to discuss with Zend management and the community review team
about specific dates.
We're closing in on 6 months since the last update to this thread and April isn't very far away now. I haven't seen any newer information available on the web and the ZF2 FAQ still has "early 2014" language for an EOL guidance. I'm curious -- has there been any progress to report in determining of an official EOL date for ZF1?

Thank you
Jeff
kit

Re: ZF 1 EOL Policy

kit
As of 17 May 2015, Does anybody know any update to report in determining of an official EOL date for ZF1?
jsn541 wrote
We're closing in on 6 months since the last update to this thread and April isn't very far away now. I haven't seen any newer information available on the web and the ZF2 FAQ still has "early 2014" language for an EOL guidance.
As of 17 May 2015, Does anybody know any update to report in determining of an official EOL date for ZF1?

Thank you

Kenta