XmlRpc

Jan Pieper
What I have to do to use __getMethodsXml()? Do I have to create
Functions for system.listMethods, system.methodSignature and
system.multicall and what they have to do? Are there any examples for
using Zend_XmlRpc_Client?

-- Jan Pieper

Re: XmlRpc

Amit G
Hi,

Jan Pieper wrote:

> What I have to do to use __getMethodsXml()?

The __getMethodsXml() function returns a SOAP WSDL like file for XML-RPC.
It query the XML-RPC server for all it's methods and the signatures for
those methods and returns an XML string holding that information.
This string is used for type hinting of the methods and can be saved (as
a file) and loaded for caching.

A very simple example of usage:
<code>
$signatures_file = '/tmp/xmlrpc/zend_signatures.xml';
if (file_exists($signatures_file)) {
    $service = new
Zend_XmlRpc_Client('http://framework.zend.com/xmlrpc',
file_get_contents($signatures_file));
} else {
    $service = new Zend_XmlRpc_Client('http://framework.zend.com/xmlrpc');
}
file_put_contents($signatures_file, $service->__getMethodsXml());
</code>

> Do I have to create Functions for system.listMethods,
> system.methodSignature and system.multicall and what they have to do?

The XML-RPC server is responsible to create and handle system calls.
When using the XML-RPC client, considering you are connecting to a
server that implemented system calls, you can simply call those methods.
i.e.:
$service->system->listMethods();
$service->system->methodHelp('system.multicall');

> Are there any examples for using Zend_XmlRpc_Client?

There are some very simple examples and code usages in the manual.

> -- Jan Pieper

Amit

Re: XmlRpc

Jan Pieper
I must be blind that I didn´t saw it. Thanks, but there are also some
questions.

I also have to setup the xmlrpc-server. What I have to do by default to
use Zend_XmlRpc_Client and all it methods?

    * I have to implement
      system.(listMethods|methodSignature|multicall)-methods.
          o listMethods = List of all methods
          o methodSignature = returns the signaturefile
          o multicall = ...?

Are there any tutorials or specifications how to implement these methods?

-- Jan Pieper

> Hi,
>
> Jan Pieper wrote:
>
>> What I have to do to use __getMethodsXml()?
>
> The __getMethodsXml() function returns a SOAP WSDL like file for XML-RPC.
> It query the XML-RPC server for all it's methods and the signatures
> for those methods and returns an XML string holding that information.
> This string is used for type hinting of the methods and can be saved
> (as a file) and loaded for caching.
>
> A very simple example of usage:
> <code>
> $signatures_file = '/tmp/xmlrpc/zend_signatures.xml';
> if (file_exists($signatures_file)) {
> $service = new Zend_XmlRpc_Client('http://framework.zend.com/xmlrpc',
> file_get_contents($signatures_file));
> } else {
> $service = new Zend_XmlRpc_Client('http://framework.zend.com/xmlrpc');
> }
> file_put_contents($signatures_file, $service->__getMethodsXml());
> </code>
>
>> Do I have to create Functions for system.listMethods,
>> system.methodSignature and system.multicall and what they have to do?
>
> The XML-RPC server is responsible to create and handle system calls.
> When using the XML-RPC client, considering you are connecting to a
> server that implemented system calls, you can simply call those methods.
> i.e.:
> $service->system->listMethods();
> $service->system->methodHelp('system.multicall');
>
>> Are there any examples for using Zend_XmlRpc_Client?
>>
> There are some very simple examples and code usages in the manual.
>
>> -- Jan Pieper
>
> Amit

Re: XmlRpc

Amit G
Jan Pieper wrote:

> I must be blind that I didn´t saw it. Thanks, but there are also some
> questions.
>
> I also have to setup the xmlrpc-server. What I have to do by default
> to use Zend_XmlRpc_Client and all it methods?

If you will be patience till version 1.0.4, the Zend_XmlRpc_Server will
be inserted into the incubator. (at least it is planned)

>    * I have to implement
>      system.(listMethods|methodSignature|multicall)-methods.
>          o listMethods = List of all methods
>          o methodSignature = returns the signaturefile
>          o multicall = ...?
>
> Are there any tutorials or specifications how to implement these methods?

Lot's of info on xml-rpc : http://www.xmlrpc.com/
The addition on system.multicall:
http://www.xmlrpc.com/discuss/msgReader$1208

> -- Jan Pieper
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Jan Pieper wrote:
>>
>>> What I have to do to use __getMethodsXml()?
>>

>> The __getMethodsXml() function returns a SOAP WSDL like file for
>> XML-RPC.
>> It query the XML-RPC server for all it's methods and the signatures
>> for those methods and returns an XML string holding that information.
>> This string is used for type hinting of the methods and can be saved
>> (as a file) and loaded for caching.
>>
>> A very simple example of usage:
>> <code>
>> $signatures_file = '/tmp/xmlrpc/zend_signatures.xml';
>> if (file_exists($signatures_file)) {
>> $service = new Zend_XmlRpc_Client('http://framework.zend.com/xmlrpc',
>> file_get_contents($signatures_file));
>> } else {
>> $service = new Zend_XmlRpc_Client('http://framework.zend.com/xmlrpc');
>> }
>> file_put_contents($signatures_file, $service->__getMethodsXml());
>> </code>
>>
>>> Do I have to create Functions for system.listMethods,
>>> system.methodSignature and system.multicall and what they have to do?
>>

>> The XML-RPC server is responsible to create and handle system calls.
>> When using the XML-RPC client, considering you are connecting to a
>> server that implemented system calls, you can simply call those methods.
>> i.e.:
>> $service->system->listMethods();
>> $service->system->methodHelp('system.multicall');
>>
>>> Are there any examples for using Zend_XmlRpc_Client?
>>>
>> There are some very simple examples and code usages in the manual.
>>
>>> -- Jan Pieper
>>

>> Amit

Re: XmlRpc

Steven Van Poeck
Hello,

http://www.xmlrpc.com does not seem to be live any longer :(

I even tried with the IP (67.19.13.67) but that didn't respond either. Strange
thing is, this address responds to pings but does not reply to requests
on port
80...

Hope they'll be back soon...

Steven