Who is responsible for Nabble?

ThaDafinser

Re: Who is responsible for Nabble?

Kyle Spraggs
They need to be subscribed to the mailing list or their replies won't be sent out.

Kyle Spraggs
"There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries." - WIlliam Shakespeare

Re: Who is responsible for Nabble?

ThaDafinser
Hello Kyle,

i also subscribed there one time ago and tried it directly....didn't worked for me :-/

2013/8/29 Kyle Spraggs <[hidden email]>
They need to be subscribed to the mailing list or their replies won't be sent out.

Kyle Spraggs
"There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries." - WIlliam Shakespeare

Re: Who is responsible for Nabble?

EvanDotPro
FWIW, in the years I've been subscribed, I've never once seen messages
posted directly via Nabble be accepted by Zend's ezmlm / listserv. I
strongly suggest you just use your mail client and forget that Nabble
exists. :)

--
Evan Coury

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Martin Keckeis
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Kyle,
>
> i also subscribed there one time ago and tried it directly....didn't worked
> for me :-/
>

> 2013/8/29 Kyle Spraggs <[hidden email]>
>>
>> They need to be subscribed to the mailing list or their replies won't be
>> sent out.
>>

>> Kyle Spraggs
>> Blog | Twitter
>>
>> "There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads
>> on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows
>> and in miseries." - WIlliam Shakespeare
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Martin Keckeis
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> quiet a few e-mail replys are done on nabble directly, but are not
>>> accepted by the mailing list.
>>>
>>> Is that all manual work?
>>>
>>> Examples:
>>>
>>> http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/No-English-books-about-ZF2-td4659459.html
>>>
>>> http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Need-PR-review-for-4962-added-quot-ControllerManager-quot-Manager-and-make-quot-ControllerLoader-quo-td4660773.html
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Martin

Re: Who is responsible for Nabble?

ThaDafinser
Hello Evan,

okay no problem, is there a way to disable the "reply" feature on nabble?

Because when i see such a feature as a user, i expect that it works...and it's bad if people ask something or want to answer and think it's posted, but it's not...

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Kyle,
>
> i also subscribed there one time ago and tried it directly....didn't worked
> for me :-/
>

> 2013/8/29 Kyle Spraggs <[hidden email]>
>>
>> They need to be subscribed to the mailing list or their replies won't be
>> sent out.
>>

>> Kyle Spraggs
>> Blog | Twitter
>>
>> "There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads
>> on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows
>> and in miseries." - WIlliam Shakespeare
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Martin Keckeis
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> quiet a few e-mail replys are done on nabble directly, but are not
>>> accepted by the mailing list.
>>>
>>> Is that all manual work?
>>>
>>> Examples:
>>>
>>> http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/No-English-books-about-ZF2-td4659459.html
>>>
>>> http://zend-framework-community.634137.n4.nabble.com/Need-PR-review-for-4962-added-quot-ControllerManager-quot-Manager-and-make-quot-ControllerLoader-quo-td4660773.html
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Martin

Re: Who is responsible for Nabble?

David Muir-2
Completely agree. Nabble has never worked properly for me. It's fine as a mail list archive, but shouldn't be used for anything else.

David

Sent from my iPhone

On 30/08/2013, at 7:34 AM, Evan Coury <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FWIW, in the years I've been subscribed, I've never once seen messages
> posted directly via Nabble be accepted by Zend's ezmlm / listserv. I
> strongly suggest you just use your mail client and forget that Nabble
> exists. :)
>
> --
> Evan Coury
>
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Martin Keckeis
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Kyle,
>>
>> i also subscribed there one time ago and tried it directly....didn't worked
>> for me :-/
>>

>> 2013/8/29 Kyle Spraggs <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> They need to be subscribed to the mailing list or their replies won't be
>>> sent out.
>>>

>>> Kyle Spraggs
>>> Blog | Twitter
>>>
>>> "There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads
>>> on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows
>>> and in miseries." - WIlliam Shakespeare

Re: Who is responsible for Nabble?

jeremiah
+1

Jeremiah

> is there a way to disable the "reply" feature on nabble?

Re: Who is responsible for Nabble?

Stefano Torresi
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Who is responsible for Nabble?

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 3:48 AM, Stefano Torresi
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dunno if it's related, but did anybody notice that the address of this very
> list on nabble is [hidden email], but the actual address is
> [hidden email] ?
>
> By the way, while the web archieve is undoubtedly useful, presenting it as a
> forum board is *very* misleading. Couldn't we move to a read only system?

Potentially, yes -- we did that not long ago when we closed a bunch of
lists. This raises the barrier to entry somewhat, but as the ability
to post from nabble is spotty anyways, it may make sense.