Where to pitch in?

adamlundrigan
Hey all,

I'm a bit underemployed currently, and so I have some time on my hands for OSS work.  What would be the most effective way to help out with ZF2?

My initial thought was I could triage old issues, working forward from the oldest issues in the tracker.  If nothing else I'll forge ahead with that, but feel free to point me in another direction.

Cheers,
Adam Lundrigan, B.Sc, ZCE/ZCPE

Re: Where to pitch in?

Marco Pivetta
Hi Adam,

What you can do right now is looking for issues "awaiting author updates", branch off from there (fetch pull request branches as explained in https://github.com/tiimgreen/github-cheat-sheet ) and fix them, opening a new PR. That's what I'm doing manually, starting from the oldest PRs.

Greets,

On 13 November 2014 20:59, Adam Lundrigan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

I'm a bit underemployed currently, and so I have some time on my hands for OSS work.  What would be the most effective way to help out with ZF2?

My initial thought was I could triage old issues, working forward from the oldest issues in the tracker.  If nothing else I'll forge ahead with that, but feel free to point me in another direction.

Cheers,
Adam Lundrigan, B.Sc, ZCE/ZCPE

Re: Where to pitch in?

Bas Kamer
Hi Adam,

I’ve noticed that http://modules.zendframework.com has been partially broken for a while… Beside some cosmetic issues, you can’t add new modules at the moment.

On 13 nov. 2014, at 20:59, Adam Lundrigan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey all,

I'm a bit underemployed currently, and so I have some time on my hands for OSS work.  What would be the most effective way to help out with ZF2?

My initial thought was I could triage old issues, working forward from the oldest issues in the tracker.  If nothing else I'll forge ahead with that, but feel free to point me in another direction.

Cheers,
Adam Lundrigan, B.Sc, ZCE/ZCPE

Re: Where to pitch in?

adamlundrigan
Bas,

Do you know if anyone else is currently working on it, or a rewrite of it?
I do have some ideas on how it could be improved; I can certainly take the lead on it, as long as I'm not stepping on someone else

--
Adam Lundrigan, B.Sc, ZCE/ZCPE

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Bas Kamer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Adam,

I’ve noticed that http://modules.zendframework.com has been partially broken for a while… Beside some cosmetic issues, you can’t add new modules at the moment.

On 13 nov. 2014, at 20:59, Adam Lundrigan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey all,

I'm a bit underemployed currently, and so I have some time on my hands for OSS work.  What would be the most effective way to help out with ZF2?

My initial thought was I could triage old issues, working forward from the oldest issues in the tracker.  If nothing else I'll forge ahead with that, but feel free to point me in another direction.

Cheers,
--
Adam Lundrigan, B.Sc, ZCE/ZCPE

Re: Where to pitch in?

Bas Kamer
Hello Adam,

Yes, I believe someone is - I spoke briefly on IRC last week on this issue - but I forgot who that was...

I think no one will be offended if you create pull requests for https://github.com/zendframework/modules.zendframework.com though and their seem to be many open issues you could take a favorite pick: https://github.com/zendframework/modules.zendframework.com/issues

You have my thanks already!

Bas

On 15 nov. 2014, at 18:39, Adam Lundrigan <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

mtymek
Looks like Hounddog became a bit inactive recently :(

He made a PR that should make modules.zendframework.com working again (https://github.com/zendframework/modules.zendframework.com/pull/187), but it was not final.

Sometime ago I posted a PR that should be the last piece of puzzle to make it usable (https://github.com/Hounddog/modules.zendframework.com/pull/56), but it's pending for 3 weeks now...