Was Zend PDF Deprecated?

dennis-fedco
I do not see Zend PDF library in ZF2.  Most links lead me towards ZF1 in my searches.

Was PDF library removed from ZF2, for some reason?
Are there any plans of reinstating it?  Are alternative solutions recommended?

Re: Was Zend PDF Deprecated?

Julian Vidal
I've used this in the past with great success: http://www.tcpdf.org
Don't know if it is still maintained...

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM, dennis-fedco <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I do not see Zend PDF library in ZF2.  Most links lead me towards ZF1 in my
> searches.
>
> Was PDF library removed from ZF2, for some reason?
> Are there any plans of reinstating it?  Are alternative solutions
> recommended?

Re: Was Zend PDF Deprecated?

jmleroux
TCPDF is always actively maintained.
It's a must for PDF generation.

Re: Was Zend PDF Deprecated?

mtymek
You may also want to check Snappy Snappy.
If you need to convert HTML with anything more complex, it will produce better results than TCPDF. In my use case it was also faster.
Only drawback is that it requires extra binary file, so you will need dedicated server or VPS.

Re: Was Zend PDF Deprecated?

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 2:35 PM, dennis-fedco <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I do not see Zend PDF library in ZF2.  Most links lead me towards ZF1 in my
> searches.
>
> Was PDF library removed from ZF2, for some reason?
> Are there any plans of reinstating it?  Are alternative solutions
> recommended?

Yes, it was deprecated. We have a "ZendPdf" repository, but it is unmaintained.

The reason is that nobody was maintaining even the library in ZF1, and
architectural issues in the component were making it difficult to both
maintain as well as add new features. The PDF and PS specifications
are sufficiently complicated that they require somebody with extensive
domain knowledge to maintain them -- and nobody was stepping up.

I've heard good things about tcpdf.

List: [hidden email]