Trouble with Plesk

Dytech
Hey Everyone,

I'm really getting confused here :)

I'm used to install my ZF apps on a CentOS cPanel server without any
problems what so ever.
Now i've got a CentOS Plesk server and here the problems begin.

Here's my structure :

/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/application
/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/library
/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs

The first problem seemed to be an open_base_dir restriction which after
some googlin' i soon found out that you could use a custom configfile.
Here's mine ;

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/dytechsolutions.nl/httpdocs>
 php_admin_value open_basedir none
</Directory>
Options +FollowSymLinks

Then i run the command : /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -a to
re-initialize the plesk server.

I try to run my app and it works!

BUT!

After each request i have to run /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -a
again and again to make it work.

What could cause this? And how do i solve this?

Thanks!

Gr.

Martin

Re: Trouble with Plesk

Dytech
Thanks but no thanks :)

I also asked my ISP and they said :

Run the following command to activate the created vhost.conf file:
#/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng --reconfigure-all

Restart Apache
#service httpd restart

For now it still works, but gonna test it for a while and hope i
defintively got rid of this annoying problem!

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Martin

Martin|Dytech Solutions wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I'm really getting confused here :)
>
> I'm used to install my ZF apps on a CentOS cPanel server without any
> problems what so ever.
> Now i've got a CentOS Plesk server and here the problems begin.
>
> Here's my structure :
>
> /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/application
> /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/library
> /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs
>
> The first problem seemed to be an open_base_dir restriction which
> after some googlin' i soon found out that you could use a custom
> configfile. Here's mine ;
>
> <Directory /var/www/vhosts/dytechsolutions.nl/httpdocs>
> php_admin_value open_basedir none
> </Directory>
> Options +FollowSymLinks
>
> Then i run the command : /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -a to
> re-initialize the plesk server.
>
> I try to run my app and it works!
>
> BUT!
>
> After each request i have to run /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -a
> again and again to make it work.
>
> What could cause this? And how do i solve this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gr.
>
> Martin
>

> __________ NOD32 3208 (20080623) Informatie __________
>
> Dit bericht is gecontroleerd door het NOD32 Antivirus Systeem.
> http://www.nod32.nl

RE: Trouble with Plesk

wllm
You might be interested in this initiative:
http://www.zibb.com/article/3282530/Parallels+and+Zend+Form+Technology+P
artnership. It was announced along with the Dojo collaboration, so it
didn't get as much press as it probably should have. I feel that it will
likely be as impactful for hosting environments as the Dojo
collaboration will be for development environments.

,Wil

-

> > again and again to make it work.
> >
> > What could cause this? And how do i solve this?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Gr.
> >
> > Martin
> >

> > __________ NOD32 3208 (20080623) Informatie __________
> >
> > Dit bericht is gecontroleerd door het NOD32 Antivirus Systeem.
> > http://www.nod32.nl

Re: Trouble with Plesk

Frank Quosdorf
I failed to apply:

Options +FollowSymLinks

but,

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/[domain_name.com]/httpdocs>
    php_admin_value open_basedir none
</Directory>

worked for me and completely solved the open_base_dir restriction issue.

Also, it is not necessary to reconfigure all virtual servers:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -u --vhost-name=[domain_name.com]

worked for me.

Finally, restarting apache was also not necessary using the command above.

Dytech wrote