Top Posting

Wil Moore III
Just a gentle reminder that with the current volume of messages flying back
and forth now, top posting is becoming a bit of a bottleneck with regard to
the information flow.

I generally don't care to nitpick on this unless it starts to get out of
hand and I feel like we may be approaching that threshold. It would be most
kind of us all to be cognizant of this especially as the volume starts to
increase.

Thanks.
--
Wil Moore III

Best Practices for Working with Open-Source Developers
http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch19s02.html

Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting:
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

DO NOT TOP-POST and DO trim your replies:
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#toppost

Re: Top Posting

David Muir-2
On 08/14/2011 05:25 AM, Wil Moore III wrote:

> Just a gentle reminder that with the current volume of messages flying back
> and forth now, top posting is becoming a bit of a bottleneck with regard to
> the information flow.
>
> I generally don't care to nitpick on this unless it starts to get out of
> hand and I feel like we may be approaching that threshold. It would be most
> kind of us all to be cognizant of this especially as the volume starts to
> increase.
>
> Thanks.

Isn't top posting semi-standard practice with mailing lists?

--
List: [hidden email]

Re: Top Posting

Pádraic Brady
Until everyone adopted GMail ;). Topic scrolling makes top posting an annoyance but also the easiest reply method.

On 15 Aug 2011, at 00:48, David Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 08/14/2011 05:25 AM, Wil Moore III wrote:
>> Just a gentle reminder that with the current volume of messages flying back
>> and forth now, top posting is becoming a bit of a bottleneck with regard to
>> the information flow.
>>
>> I generally don't care to nitpick on this unless it starts to get out of
>> hand and I feel like we may be approaching that threshold. It would be most
>> kind of us all to be cognizant of this especially as the volume starts to
>> increase.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Isn't top posting semi-standard practice with mailing lists?
>
> --
> List: [hidden email]

List: [hidden email]

Re: Top Posting

Tomáš Fejfar
Yup, I hate it when I need to scroll through 3 screens of topic text. It's
really annoying.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Pádraic Brady <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Until everyone adopted GMail ;). Topic scrolling makes top posting an
> annoyance but also the easiest reply method.
>
> On 15 Aug 2011, at 00:48, David Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 08/14/2011 05:25 AM, Wil Moore III wrote:
> >> Just a gentle reminder that with the current volume of messages flying
> back
> >> and forth now, top posting is becoming a bit of a bottleneck with regard
> >> the information flow.
> >>
> >> I generally don't care to nitpick on this unless it starts to get out of
> >> hand and I feel like we may be approaching that threshold. It would be
> most
> >> kind of us all to be cognizant of this especially as the volume starts
> >> increase.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> > Isn't top posting semi-standard practice with mailing lists?
> >
> > --
> > List: [hidden email]
> > Info: http://framework.zend.com/archives

> List: [hidden email]

Re: Top Posting

localheinz
>> Just a gentle reminder that with the current volume of messages flying back
>> and forth now, top posting is becoming a bit of a bottleneck with regard to
>> the information flow.
> Isn't top posting semi-standard practice with mailing lists?

Not in the old days when you very easily got *plonk*ed when participating in newsgroups and did not follow the basic rules.

No top posting was one of them.

Best regards,

Andreas

--