Table query error: the pk exists but query errors...

Table query error: the pk exists but query errors...

Nathan Garlington
I was wondering if any of you have encountered an error similar to the
one I have been experiencing. I am using ZF-1.11.1 and the pdo_pgsql
driver to connect to a postgresql-9.0.1 database.
The error:

"Primary key column(s) (author_id) are not columns in this table ()"

I have checked to make sure that I am on the right database. The table
is the 'authors' table and looks like this:

CREATE TABLE authors (
    author_id integer NOT NULL,
    display_name text NOT NULL,
    name text NOT NULL
);

CREATE SEQUENCE authors_author_id_seq
    START WITH 1
    INCREMENT BY 1
    NO MINVALUE
    NO MAXVALUE
    CACHE 1;

ALTER TABLE ONLY authors
    ADD CONSTRAINT authors_pkey PRIMARY KEY (author_id);

The permissions have been setup correctly. I don't understand why the
$this->_table->fetchAll(); errors out on this. I can manually run the
SQL from the command line against the table successfully:

     'select authors.* from public.authors;'

And no problems, lists all 4 tuples from the table. Is there something
wrong with the way I am trying to run the "fetchAll" method? I have
this same problem on a categories table as well. Very confounding.

--regards,
nathan
--regards, Nathan Garlington Zend Framework + Dojo http://www.tandrtrailer.com

Re: Table query error: the pk exists but query errors...

Nathan Garlington
UPDATE: very sorry! I WAS using the wrong database! Eeesh, I need to
look more carefully next time. Apologies to anyone who looked at this
for me!

--regards,
nathan