Strict typing and WS-I standards compliance

Strict typing and WS-I standards compliance

neen
I'm setting up a SOAP Web Service that is going to be accessed from an ASP.NET box. I'm currently using Zend_Soap_Autodiscover. I'm trying to resolve several errors:

R2716: A document-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST NOT have the namespace a
ttribute specified on contained soapbind:body, soapbind:header, soapbind:headerf
ault and soapbind:fault elements.

R2204: A document-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST refer, in each of its so
apbind:body element(s), only to wsdl:part element(s) that have been defined usin
g the element attribute.

R2210: If a document-literal binding in a DESCRIPTION does not specify the parts
 attribute on a soapbind:body element, the corresponding abstract wsdl:message M
UST define zero or one wsdl:parts.

R2710: The operations in a wsdl:binding in a DESCRIPTION MUST result in wire sig
natures that are different from one another. An endpoint that supports multiple
operations must unambiguously identify the operation being invoked based on the
input message that it receives. This is only possible if all the operations spec
ified in the wsdl:binding associated with an endpoint have a unique wire signatu
re.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the above errors when using Zend_Soap_Autodiscover? Am I SOL?

Re: Strict typing and WS-I standards compliance

Bugzilla from fabien@crespel.net
neen wrote:
> I'm setting up a SOAP Web Service that is going to be accessed from an
> ASP.NET box. I'm currently using Zend_Soap_Autodiscover. I'm trying to
> resolve several errors:
>
> R2716 [...] R2204 [...] R2210 [...] R2710
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the above errors when using
> Zend_Soap_Autodiscover? Am I SOL?

I have been working on these problems for a personal project for a while, and
just proposed several patches to improve Zend_Soap_*. You can find the main patch
in http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-6349 but make sure to check this
issue's dependencies and related issues.

Another solution for you would be to try the rpc-literal style instead of
document-literal. The WSDL generated by Zend_Soap_AutoDiscover in this case is
still not WS-I compliant, but less changes are needed to make it comply (add a
namespace attribute to the operation's input and output elements).

- Fabien.

Re: Strict typing and WS-I standards compliance

neen
I just took the auto-generated WSDL and modified it by hand to be WS-I compliant, with the help of someone far more familiar with WSDL than me.

That being said, I have to use the Zend_Soap_Autodiscover still, as PHP's SoapClient (and Z_S_Client as well since it's really just a wrapper for SoapClient) doesn't work properly with WS-I compliant WSDL files. I believe it is related to another of the patches you submitted in JIRA. Strangely, SoapServer seems to have no issue with them.

Bugzilla from fabien@crespel.net wrote
neen wrote:
> I'm setting up a SOAP Web Service that is going to be accessed from an
> ASP.NET box. I'm currently using Zend_Soap_Autodiscover. I'm trying to
> resolve several errors:
>
> R2716 [...] R2204 [...] R2210 [...] R2710
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the above errors when using
> Zend_Soap_Autodiscover? Am I SOL?

I have been working on these problems for a personal project for a while, and
just proposed several patches to improve Zend_Soap_*. You can find the main patch
in http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-6349 but make sure to check this
issue's dependencies and related issues.

Another solution for you would be to try the rpc-literal style instead of
document-literal. The WSDL generated by Zend_Soap_AutoDiscover in this case is
still not WS-I compliant, but less changes are needed to make it comply (add a
namespace attribute to the operation's input and output elements).

- Fabien.

Re: Strict typing and WS-I standards compliance

Benjamin Eberlei-2
Could you make a diff of the WSDL file and attach it to a relevant issue? that
would be great to check what is necessary to change.

greetings,
Benjamin

Benjamin Eberlei
http://www.beberlei.de

Re: Strict typing and WS-I standards compliance

neen
Well...no. But I can just make a 'fake' one with a 'fake' class. I don't want to expose what I am working on publicly...(actually, I'm not allowed to)
beberlei wrote

--
Benjamin Eberlei
http://www.beberlei.de